Changing to local currency

Hi agian, Thanks for the advice. I am sorry but I think I am missing something as I can't see where on the price guide page I get the option to change the currency, everything is in USD ($). Please can you be a little more specific where this option is? Kind regards in advance.

Hi guys...BuildIT again....I note that we can change how we see certain screens in terms of currency. But am I correct that the relative values (eg. CAGR, and various graphs) are solely based on the US ebay site? I do not buy my LEGO in US$ terms, and pay the currency in my country. If I buy a MISB set in GBP sterling, do I enter it as such, or do I have to enter it once I have taken the excahnge rate into consideration? I do appreciate that Brickpicker is very much a developing site, but how do you cater for the "other-than-US-investor"?

Hi guys...BuildIT again....I note that we can change how we see certain screens in terms of currency. But am I correct that the relative values (eg. CAGR, and various graphs) are solely based on the US ebay site? I do not buy my LEGO in US$ terms, and pay the currency in my country. If I buy a MISB set in GBP sterling, do I enter it as such, or do I have to enter it once I have taken the excahnge rate into consideration? I do appreciate that Brickpicker is very much a developing site, but how do you cater for the "other-than-US-investor"?

Jeff will be coming up with an explanation of the currency exchange rates. Needless to say, it is one of the most annoying, difficult and important features we have to tackle. If you haven't already noticed, we are adding European feeds for Amazon and other features. The site is based on EBAY values from the US, because it is by far the largest EBAY market place in the world, but many listings are world wide.

The site is getting fine tuned and we realize the importance of non-USA LEGO markets. As I stated many times before, it is a work in progress and it will all come together one day in the near future. In the meantime, I apologize for any inconveniences.

@ Ed and Jeff....I appreciate that Brickpicker is a constantly growing site and fully understand why you use the US-based ebay site for price information. I think that the the average Brickpicker out there beyond the US borders must realise that upon entering a set in their Brickfolio, that the resultant % increase or decrease, the PP or CP (etc) on the set must be considered as a guide only, and not taken as gospel. Market prices around the world will be different for the same set, and we must be aware that this may skew our Brickfolio values somewhat....there we go again...another statictical term. LOL.

I would be happy to share anonomously my purchasing data of my Brickfolio. I'm sure that most Brickpickers would allow this. We should also have upon entering a set the ability to select such things as 'New - LEGO Shop website purchase', 'New - ebay purchase', 'New - Other Shop puchase', 'Used - other website purchase', etc. Including country of purchase, currency, etc. Would open up loads more statistics for us all the look at in conjunction with the ebay prices. Perhaps something to ponder on.

@ Ed and Jeff....I appreciate that Brickpicker is a constantly growing site and fully understand why you use the US-based ebay site for price information. I think that the the average Brickpicker out there beyond the US borders must realise that upon entering a set in their Brickfolio, that the resultant % increase or decrease, the PP or CP (etc) on the set must be considered as a guide only, and not taken as gospel. Market prices around the world will be different for the same set, and we must be aware that this may skew our Brickfolio values somewhat[/color]....there we go again...another statictical term. LOL.

I would be happy to share anonomously my purchasing data of my Brickfolio. I'm sure that most Brickpickers would allow this. We should also have upon entering a set the ability to select such things as 'New - LEGO Shop website purchase', 'New - ebay purchase', 'New - Other Shop puchase', 'Used - other website purchase', etc. Including country of purchase, currency, etc. Would open up loads more statistics for us all the look at in conjunction with the ebay prices. Perhaps something to ponder on.

Another excellent point...The statement I hi-lighted in red basially sums it up in a nutshell. The Price Guide, as you and I stated, is based on the US EBAY Terapeak data. It is by far the largest EBAY market. Unfortunately, this data is very, very expensive and to buy yearly data for the other worldwide markets, we would have to spend well over $100,000 a year to have the rights to use it. There is no way a small Mom and Pop site like ours will be able to afford that, so we use the data from the largest market and the data we are most familiar with.

As you so eloquently stated, Brickpicker members need to use this data as a guide. It is not 100%, but it is very close on most sets. The higher priced sets are usually more accurate than the lower priced sets. Why? Because we filter our data by looking for key words and omitting key words. EBAY sellers sometimes combine smaller sets into lots or bulk, remove mini figures and call these sets new...that sort of thing. When then use formulas to weed out even more incorrect data. With each passing month, the data improves.

We can get the data for the US almost perfect, yet for other countries around the world, the data can be off. While we do get information from EBAY markets in the UK, Italy, Germany, etc... mixed in with the US numbers, it is only those sold "internationally." Brickpicker members need to understand their own markets and relate them to the American market. I think most people understand this and use our data as a guide. The differences between countries is huge. Different taxes, fees, shipping charges and even different BASE prices from LEGO. Our stats also show trends with LEGO set prices, and that might be more important than the prices themselves.

Regarding changes to the Brickfolio, the currency converter will be added shortly. We will be adding a miscellaneous/custom section to the Brickfolio so that you can add rare sets, custom sets, displays, etc... that have no current values in our system. I like your ideas and its something that we can add in the next version. Jeff is always tinkering and we need to put an improved data/stats bar on the Brickfolio that shows data not only from retail, but form the time you bought it. It is all coming. We are learning more and more about the needs and differences of LEGO fans around the world and will be adapting to meet those needs. Thanks again for another quality post.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when trying to add items to brickfolio, it states currency is USD, can't seem to locate where to change this to UK currency, is this possible and if so, how?

any help much appreciated

Click on MY BRICKFOLIO. Settings are to the upper right.