MONTHLY UPDATE COMPLETE...

Hello...

June's sales data has been added to the database and all of the indexes have been updated as well.

If you haven't already noticed, a CAGR or Compound Annual Growth Rate statistic has been added to the tool bar in the Price Guide/Set Guide pages. For an explanation, please read the Brickvesting Blog on CAGR.

Also, for those of you who want to know, this months "mean" or "average" for the thousands of LEGO sets we have a CAGR stat for is 12.81%. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Ed Mack

So if I had thousands of LEGO sets, held in a larger-than-large warehouse, I could expect a global CAGR of 12.81%? That's a pretty damn impressive return. Can I ask Ed if this stat is from the total database? Have certain 'outliers' been removed before this calculation? I mean, for example, the Cuusoo Minecraft set. Do you have a particular limit on number of sets sold in order to make this CAGR calculation? Given that you have the sales database, how about a CAGR based on themes? Likewise, a CAGR based on MSRP for instance. I keep on banging away at statistics, but purely because 7/5th's of all people don't understand them...LOL.

I find it strange that some sets like The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, somehow are (according to sales) worth more used then new...weird

Any time we run the update you do come across the sets that either have no item condition of they have MISB/NIB as used, or they mark the components that they took out and mark them as new.

Ed and I look through the data for a few days after the update ran to look for out of place sets, but we always don't mind other eyes finding them. I looked at this set and the prices are more in line now.

So if I had thousands of LEGO sets, held in a larger-than-large warehouse, I could expect a global CAGR of 12.81%? That's a pretty damn impressive return. Can I ask Ed if this stat is from the total database? Have certain 'outliers' been removed before this calculation? I mean, for example, the Cuusoo Minecraft set. Do you have a particular limit on number of sets sold in order to make this CAGR calculation?

Given that you have the sales database, how about a CAGR based on themes? Likewise, a CAGR based on MSRP for instance.

I keep on banging away at statistics, but purely because 7/5th's of all people don't understand them...LOL.

Yes...Certain sets have been sets have been removed before this calculation was made. Sets with too few sold listings were removed. The Collectible Minifigures have been removed, due to the fact that the sold listings are excessively varied and mislabeled in order to get accurate data at this time. They are your 'outliers.' Some were in the 700% range. This is due to lots and multiple listings.

Yes, we will be adding a chart or graph with the CAGRs for the major themes. That will be very interesting

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere, but my Brickfolio is showing a value for June only. I assume this because you only have June data? It would be good to hear what frequency the brickfolio is updated, again I assume monthly? and I also assume that the graphs will be a couple of months behind the current date as a consequence. Sorry for the mass assumptions and likely stating the obvious but it would be great to hear they are right or not. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere, but my Brickfolio is showing a value for June only. I assume this because you only have June data? It would be good to hear what frequency the brickfolio is updated, again I assume monthly? and I also assume that the graphs will be a couple of months behind the current date as a consequence.

Sorry for the mass assumptions and likely stating the obvious but it would be great to hear they are right or not.

Thanks in advance.

The last database update was done on July 11, 2012. It is done monthly, usually around the middle of the month, when EBAY releases the Terapeak information. The update information is on the homepage, at the top of the screen. The new update should be within the next several days.

As for your personal Brickfolio, Jeff is just back from a business trip in London. I'll tell him to take a look at your specific data and see if something is in error. Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere, but my Brickfolio is showing a value for June only. I assume this because you only have June data? It would be good to hear what frequency the brickfolio is updated, again I assume monthly? and I also assume that the graphs will be a couple of months behind the current date as a consequence.

Sorry for the mass assumptions and likely stating the obvious but it would be great to hear they are right or not.

Thanks in advance.

Much like you have already stated yourself and what Ed has said that the data does come out right about this time every month. The data for July is starting to go through its process right now. It would have been live already, but I have been delayed from a business trip. If everything goes well the update should be live by tomorrow. The way it looks like now, the updates will happen between the 10th and 15th of the month. I generally don't get all the data handed to us until about a full week into the month and then we need to start doing our processes with it. Hopefully in time, we can start getting it done closer to the start of the month, but that has a lot to do with the supplier getting it to us.

Jeff