Starting minifig collection, joining your forum

Hey everyone! Just introducing myself as I'll probably be using this site and posting in the forum a lot once I get started on this. I've been out of work on disability for a while because of a serious illness, but while I've been recovering I've had a lot of free time and I've been living in my childhood bedroom back at the parents house. I jumped back into one of my old hobbies, comic books, about a year ago, which got me into 1/6th scale statue and toy collecting, but recently my eye for toys has started to focus on something a little smaller: the little lego guys. The reason I was so excited to get back into comic books was because they were a huge part of my late childhood, like age 11 and 12 or so. Before that though, I went through tons of different phases with toy lines, but Legos were there no matter what I was into. I definitely don't have all of my old legos. My family moved, our house was flooded, I moved out of the house.. over time toys got lost. It happens. Most of my toys I don't miss all that much and it's a comfort just to have one or two of each kind laying around if I want to look at them, but over the past few days I've been looking online at lego figures and I gotta say I really miss those little guys. I decided I need to start a collection. I just think it's really cool that I can get a lego version of so many different things from so many different fictional universes. I decided to buy a good sized handful of guys to form a little base to build my collection on. I don't know if I've done it the best way, but that's why I'm here now. My guys will be coming in the mail over the next couple days. I spent between $8 and $15 bucks on them. I don't know what the best way to buy them is, but those are the prices I saw everywhere I looked. I ended up using eBay for a few, and Amazon for a few. Here's what I ordered: 1. Marvel Super hero Captain America with shield(I've already realized I probably should have ordered the full set this came from because it's only a couple bucks more on eBay and comes with a motorcycle, two aliens, and their hover bikes. Oh well, lesson learned) 2. Star Wars Blue and white 501st legion clone trooper 3. TMNT Donatello 4. Marvel Iron Fist 5. Marvel Wolerine 6. Marvel Deadpool So I'm down about $70 pretty quick but I'm pretty excited to start collecting these guys. I'll probably pick new ones up maybe once a week. I'd like to keep building a good collection over time that represents different awesome things from my life that've been made into legos. I may decide to buy a few sets.. vehicles and buildings, but right now I'm mainly focused on the figures. Anyone got any recommendations? Are there any super rare holy grail-type figures? Every other hobby I've had there's been something like that. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and sharing things here about my Lego endeavors.

Awesome man welcome! I'm a star wars minifig collector so I can only speak to that. For Star Wars collectors the holy grail is hands down cloud city boba fett. After that you're talking C3po, cloud city Lando, chrome Vader, and original Watto probably in that order or close anyway. So welcome and happy hunting.

Welcome! The minifigs are fun, but as you collect you are probably going to realize you will want some sets as opposed to just a plethora of loose figures. You might want to buy just enough blocks to create a "scene" for the minifigs that you have. Be careful about giving someone a bunch of money on Ebay for individual minifigs because sometimes you can get small sets that have the same figures in them for around the same price. The ones you'll have to worry more about are the retired ones. TMNT, you should be able to find cheap and easy I would think. I don't know a whole lot about minifig collecting, but the rare Star Wars figs these folks mentioned are probably about right.

Awesome man welcome! I'm a star wars minifig collector so I can only speak to that. For Star Wars collectors the holy grail is hands down cloud city boba fett. After that you're talking C3po, cloud city Lando, chrome Vader, and original Watto probably in that order or close anyway.

So welcome and happy hunting.

Welcome to the site! Dakotahorn named off some Star Wars minifigures that I thought of as well. Cloud City Boba Fett goes for around $100 to $300 if it is new and in great condition. You can probably find some other great Star Wars minifigures that will be a lot cheaper too. I hope your recovery goes well and again welcome to the site!

Awesome man welcome! I'm a star wars minifig collector so I can only speak to that. For Star Wars collectors the holy grail is hands down cloud city boba fett. After that you're talking C3po, cloud city Lando, chrome Vader, and original Watto probably in that order or close anyway.

So welcome and happy hunting.

Cloud city Boba Fett is the only fig I have out of the list you mentioned, still working on all the others, I know some people that have the chrome Vader, original Watto and cloud city Lando but no C3PO yet. The other problem is most the people that have all those are oldish (20-25 years old) so getting them to give up their childhood is a little bit tricky.

Welcome to the site man!

Cloud city Boba Fett is the only fig I have out of the list you mentioned, still working on all the others, I know some people that have the chrome Vader, original Watto and cloud city Lando but no C3PO yet. The other problem is most the people that have all those are oldish (20-25 years old) so getting them to give up their childhood is a little bit tricky.

Welcome to the site man!

Wow.... I didn't realize being 25 was old? Until I saw your birthday in your profile...

Man I just assumed most people here were 25-40ish. Now you are making me feel old.

Welcome to the site man!

Wow.... I didn't realize being 25 was old? Until I saw your birthday in your profile...

Man I just assumed most people here were 25-40ish. Now you are making me feel old.

*wisper* "you're old........"

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to all my new friends................i m also new user to this forum site.Myself Manisha.I m from India.I would like to talk and share new ideas with my new friends........................

Thank u...............................

Welcome! I think you may be the first person from India. :)

I too am predominantly a minifig collector. I started with the Collectable Minifig series, and they are on series 10 now, still going strong. I also bought bulk job lots on Ebay to pick out the minifigs, sometimes there are some good ones in there, other times you're missing just a hairpiece or something. I love the Marvel/DC and Lord of the Rings minifigs and just getting lots from old sets, I have some that are really (no real arms just a hint of them) and plenty basic police or firemen ones. I like the knights and castles ones too. There are just too many to get them all, and although I have a bunch of starwars ones I do not find them to be the best. Gold C3P0 is over-rated and the new Mr Gold rare but not a great figure. My current favorite is the Swamp Monster from a monster fighters set, a small set with a really cool fig.