Casual collector from England, starting investing

Hi guys, I'm from England, only just stumbled upon this community when looking at collector's edition millenium falcon models! It's a fantastic idea, so I'm going to give it a go; it might be more reliable than trusting the banks! Any tips for a noob would be appreciated; which lines are usually safe investments (I would have guessed the branded lines, please correct me if I'm wrong before I end up with a house full of it!), when and where to buy, etc. Thanks!!

Hi guys, I'm from England, only just stumbled upon this community when looking at collector's edition millenium falcon models! It's a fantastic idea, so I'm going to give it a go; it might be more reliable than trusting the banks! Any tips for a noob would be appreciated; which lines are usually safe investments (I would have guessed the branded lines, please correct me if I'm wrong before I end up with a house full of it!), when and where to buy, etc.

Thanks!!

Welcome...Any questions, ideas on how to improve the site or concerns please feel free to let us know.

As for your question, "themed" sets like STAR WARS are always an excellent choice. My best advice for you would be to go to the Brick Index and take a look through the various sets and themes that are appreciating nicely over the past 6 months. You can see the TOP 50 sets from all themes or go to an individual theme by the tabs near the top of the page. Hope that helps...

@ phil210923 (and nick625)....you guys have reached the correct site. You will find such a vast array of information on Brickpicker that it will take a few days to take it all in, and above all to sink in. I've been an AFOL for yonks, but as a new investor for only slightly longer than you chaps. You will pick it up asap. The advice to stick with the tried-and-trusted themes is solid. Look for the offers from LEGO itself for EOL products - 10215 Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter went recently for 50% discount. The 'Exclusive' line is always something to pay attention to, particularly the modular buildings, but don't forget the trains, medieval villages, etc. Do your research on all products, but also remember that if you do want a set, then go for it. A collection is also important - it may not just be a case of filling a room with boxes to sell in the future. As for buying in the UK, then (if I recall) a good comment was left by johncrupmton regarding UK sales. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Brickpicker is without doubt a valuable resoucre to us all. Good luck guys!