Does it bother you when....

rcdb1984

As long as the seller is clear on what he's offering I have no problem with this. There is certainly a market for selling the minifigs alone, and other for just the actual "set", and if people want it then I see no reason it should not exist. In a way it makes it cheaper for people just looking for the minifigs or the set. (Nominally, not price per brick)

What annoys me is when someone sells a set on Ebay, and is deliberately trying to hide the fact that the set has MINIFIGS taken out. But they list the item as 100% complete. That's why it's so important as a buyer/bidder to read the description and fine print before we buy or put in a bid. Also ask for pics instead of looking at the only pic they have up. Especially pics they get of the Internet. And also as investors, we sometimes make bad investments and we know its a bad investment that's not going to appreciate nicely anytime soon so a smart thing to do is break the set up and sell the set and MINIFIGS separate and with the money you get back make better wiser investments. Also it's cheaper to ship items when you break down a set because you don't have to ship it out in its original box. Most of the time I can ship it in a packaged bag in bubble wrap envelope a lot cheaper. Lets say you have a 200-400 piece set, to ship it in an original box will cost a lot more then just in a bubble wrapped mailer envelope. Brick For Thought.

I'm with you on this....I was looking at a group of all 6 TMNT sets at a pretty good price...At first I thought I was getting a good deal because I was buying in "bulk" and they arn't retired or anything. Then in one small spot it says that all the minifigs are taken out. Not to mention the picture of the boxes has boxes appearing as if they arn't opened and who knows where the opening is on the box.