4192 Fountain of Youth and 4865 The Forbidden Forrest

Hansolo55

Hey everyone, just wanted to get your two cents regarding a couple smaller retired sets: 4192 POTC Fountain of Youth 4865 HP Forbidden Forrest. I have a chance to get up to 10 of 4192 for $25 each which includes all taxes and freight from a mom&pop; type shop, and up to 10 of 4865 for $15 which also includes tax and freight.. (I'm in CANADA) Just wondering if these might be good investments? I know both are retired, and 4192 was up almost 9% last month, just wondering where people think these might end up say 2 years down the road thanks for your input in advance! I know this isn't a very exciting post, just trying to use the tools at my disposal to make an investment decision.. Cheers!

You might have some potential success out of the Forbidden Forest, but I don't see the Pirates set going much higher. I don't sell in Canada though, so I am unfamiliar as to how sets mature? I do think the Vampire Castle would be a better bet, or Helm's Deep. Or just get a Tower Bridge and call it a day?

Here's my opinion. Pass on the fountain and get all the forbiddens. It will be a 25-30 dollar in a year or two. It went from 8.00 at the end if Christmas where I bought mine to selling at 21.99 in a matter of 3 months. There is the point if it not worth your time because you won't make much per unit. But if you are asking about it, I'm sure a 10 profit is good for you. Here's my logic at this early stage of investing, if you see 10 dollars on the ground would you pick it up?

Thanks for your help guys, I think I will go with a couple larger sets instead like Vampire Castle or helms Deep.

Great choice. They are going to be EOL'ing soon. Also if you want some small scale ones, look at the Ghost Train or any of the Monster Fighter sets excluding the Haunted House which will be around for a while longer than the rest of the theme.

Great choice. They are going to be EOL'ing soon. Also if you want some small scale ones, look at the Ghost Train or any of the Monster Fighter sets excluding the Haunted House which will be around for a while longer than the rest of the theme.

Thanks! I do have some Monster fighters already, some ghost trains and Vampire Castles, but I could always add more which I kind of wanted to do anyways.. It's just so rare to have a chance to buy retired sets at a reasonable price (fountain of Youth and Forbidden Forrest) I guess I was trying to talk myself into it lol Thanks for your input, much appreciated.