10308 - Holiday Main Street

BricksBrotha

12 minutes ago, Graphicski said:

Yeah I'm OK with the price - but I dunno. Doesn't match with previous winter Village with the obvious facade only and more modern style of buildings. 

I agree.  Plus I would have rather them upped the price to have a more completed design.  Feels like they tried to do too much here within a $99 msrp.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

You said the same thing in 2013 with WVM 10235 ;) 

10235 looked bigger with a lot more things going on.  But maybe I am just biased and bitter since I sold my only copy for merely $200 :D

10308 looks small to me, perhaps because of the box art?  Elf Club House looks bigger on its box even though it has fewer bricks

8 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

Will the trolley work on these tracks on 10259 Winter Village Station? Perhaps that set may even get more of a boost if it can get incorporated smoothly.

image.png.6853d1ccf8214962631d087f338b140f.png

Appreciate more than the $200+ it's already going for? This far surpassed my expectations after being available forever for $56. Of course, I wouldn't be upset with an uptick for my last 5 of these.

As for 10308, I bet many people won't mind the half buildings since they display the buildings in a way that the backs aren't visible anyway. 

43 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

As for 10308, I bet many people won't mind the half buildings since they display the buildings in a way that the backs aren't visible anyway. 

Fits better on the mantel!

Its different than some of the cartoon-y stuff of recent years.  I actually think these will look nice next to the fire station, which was previously the only 'downtown WV' building.

The depth of the buildings would be fine for display on a fireplace or anyplace else with a small shelf space as DadsAFOL mentioned. The facades are fancy enough as a starting point for anyone wishing to stretch these out into more full-sized modular houses.

With that said, it could take as many as three purchases of this set to more fully round out the buildings decently. (Maybe even five if you want to completely enclose each structure with a backwall.) The trolley is the most complete build here and is quite nice. Everything here fits together aesthetically. I would like to recreate those buildings minus the winter motif in my own cityscape.

• Like 1

Would have preferred if they scrapped the trolley for some sort of central square (maybe with a small ice rink, statue and vendor type thing?) or another building. Like most sets these days it looks more good than great imo, but I still like it

Wish they would expand the seasonal with some adult-targeted Halloween buildings! But suppose that would be too close to Hidden Side and that fell off rather quickly