My 16 month old sons investment picks!

This is no joke, I let my son flip through the spring catalog and here is what I have to report. After flipping through all the pages in order, presumably to weigh all of his options before his decisions be went back to the Jabbas palace page and pointed to the jabba minifig. He then flipped to the page with the F1 Technic set and stared for a few minutes (maybe he can't decide on its investment potential). He then got back to the Legends of China page and began ripping out the pages. (I don't like its investment potential either). Take what you want from this.......I know I did!

Hahaha. Brilliant. Can't wait for my 1 month old to be old enough to play with LEGOs. Going to be painful spending money on DUPLO... But what can you do right?

Duplo can be hard to swallow. I bought the deluxe train so my son and I will enjoy that when the time comes. I imagine the duplo figures are just the giants of our Legoland.

I think we may present your son with an offer for a job. Together with Ed's son Max, the two can be a LEGO set hot pick wonder team. I am looking to open that hotline number now. We can charge $99.99 for their locks of the week :)

You have to open a new forum "LEGO FOR BABY"

dunkers97 and I did something like this to his one and a half year-old nephew. We held up two minifigures in front of him; Captain America and an Alien Commander, and Hulk and Cap. He would always pick the minifigure with the higher value. Then at our Super Bowl party, Goblin scribe gave him the choice beween the gray and white wargs, and he picked the gray one, which was worth only about a doller more. He would almost never pick a minifig of lesser value and usually tried to take both! We are training him in the ways of greed! :D

Guest ph4tb0i

I think we may present your son with an offer for a job. Together with Ed's son Max, the two can be a LEGO set hot pick wonder team. I am looking to open that hotline number now. We can charge $99.99 for their locks of the week :)

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Lisa picks the winning football teams for Homer.. haha...

I really do believe Chima might turn into an investment loser..

Same! I just can't seem to get into the Chima theme. I know some of the Ninjago stuff has done well, but it's another theme that I can't seem to get into either, even though I probably should as many of the older sets are performing well.

Same! I just can't seem to get into the Chima theme. I know some of the Ninjago stuff has done well, but it's another theme that I can't seem to get into either, even though I probably should as many of the older sets are performing well.

This is the way I look at it.......if a 20 dollar ice dragon set can do so well just think what a 120 dollar dragon set can do.

I feel the same about Ninjago - I know it's performed well, but I just can't see too many people caring very much a few years from now.

I feel the same about Ninjago - I know it's performed well, but I just can't see too many people caring very much a few years from now.

Both of these themes I can't convince myself to invest in any. I know ninjas are a timeless thing and kids will always enjoy ninjas but once the series isn't active anymore I can't envision parents interested in paying aftermarket prices for them when the alternative is to get their kids something cheaper and are what they see on the commercials on TV. As an AFOL Ninjago is too fantastical for my tastes when I think of ninjas.

Not sure about that. People still remember the original Ninja sets from 1999 and that was like fourteen years ago. As time goes on they may forget about the TV series, but will go for the sets just for them Ninjas! Then you have the Skeletons, Snakes, now Stone Army, and in the near future of next year possibly Nindroids.

Some of their value is due in part of the TV series, that is true, but that can only go so far. One thing for me I find amusing is considering the small parts the dragons actually played in the series (their screen time was very brief compared to every other character), those are the highest gaining sets. There's only so much that the series could have done to make those so valuable. People like dragons too, so when you put the two together, it's not much of surprise those sets have done as well as they've been and keep doing.

Still, just because something has done well doesn't mean you should invest everything into it if it doesn't feel right to you.

Even top performers can fall from grace.

dunkers97 and I did something like this to his one and a half year-old nephew. We held up two minifigures in front of him; Captain America and an Alien Commander, and Hulk and Cap. He would always pick the minifigure with the higher value. Then at our Super Bowl party, Goblin scribe gave him the choice beween the gray and white wargs, and he picked the gray one, which was worth only about a doller more. He would almost never pick a minifig of lesser value and usually tried to take both! We are training him in the ways of greed! :D

I remember this! Good times brotha, good times. Das my little nephew! Me and whiteboy02 also taught him how to stick Legos together, and I held up a Maga Bock in one hand and a Lego brick in the other to see which one he picked, he took both... :( ... and then threw the the Maga block away! :D

This is the way I look at it.......if a 20 dollar ice dragon set can do so well just think what a 120 dollar dragon set can do.

You make a very good point, and my gut tells me that the Epic Dragon Battle will do well. Other than Friends I typically only buy sets/themes that I like, which there are a lot of. But Ninjago just isn't my thing. I'm sure I'll end up buying(taking a chance on) a couple Epic Dragon Battles though because after all there is nothing worse than "Lego regret"

You've probably already spent more on your kid than you'll ever make on LEGO.

Just sayin', they're expensive....

I've had so many people tell me they are buying a $300 odd set for their kids. No doubt some of them aren't legit and just covering out of embarrassment, but people spend alot of $$$$ on their kids these days.

I have 3. I know they aren't cheap.

I did feel like a heel though when my son was looking through a Lego catalogue, found the Spongebob page and asked "Dad, can we get this Lego just for us and not to sell?"

I did feel like a heel though when my son was looking through a Lego catalogue, found the Spongebob page and asked "Dad, can we get this Lego just for us and not to sell?"

Mine told me to "stop selling people money on the Internet". Little does he know it's more his mother than it is me...

But yeah, I think some people get embarrassed about buying sets for themselves.

Kids are outrageously expensive. Fortunately mine was planned because I really don't know how people handle them financially when it's a surprise. I guess you just figure it out. My kid is 5 and he goes to "school" 3 days per week and that alone is right at $1k per month. Next year that only increases once he hits kindergarten.

Mine told me to "stop selling people money on the Internet". Little does he know it's more his mother than it is me...

But yeah, I think some people get embarrassed about buying sets for themselves.

Kids are outrageously expensive. Fortunately mine was planned because I really don't know how people handle them financially when it's a surprise. I guess you just figure it out. My kid is 5 and he goes to "school" 3 days per week and that alone is right at $1k per month. Next year that only increases once he hits kindergarten.

Ive got a 4 year old and a 4 month old...."daycare" is $3200 a month...that's a whole lot of lego