10306 - Atari 2600

41 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I'm in the same boat. While it looks cool and has the nostalgia factor, I don't see the appeal of owning a Lego set of a video game console I grew up with. 

I do still have my Atari, so maybe I should just dig it out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Like everything but the vignettes.  Definitely filler material there as they don't go with the set at all.  I would like to have a serious discussion with the designers on why Pitfall was left out.  Easily my favorite as a kid with this system.  

Licensing no doubt, that was an Activision game.  

18 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Like everything but the vignettes.  Definitely filler material there as they don't go with the set at all.  I would like to have a serious discussion with the designers on why Pitfall was left out.  Easily my favorite as a kid with this system.  

Combat came with every system and it's not included either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'm sure someone will repro labels for the popular games. They may be out there already for the old carts. 

edit https://www.ebay.com/itm/194267485229?hash=item2d3b3e942d:g:PgwAAOSwZaRiSH2-

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 1

The Atari 7800 was my childhood but this still gets me right in there. LEGO really nailed down the aesthetic of everything here. I played Asteroids and Centipede (well as Millipede) for hours. Adventure is an ....interesting choice for inclusion as it can be considered on par with the E.T. game.

Far out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Adventure is an ....interesting choice for inclusion as it can be considered on par with the E.T. game.

Wait....what???? Adventure was a great game (with the Easter Egg) and absolutely nothing like the train wreck E.T. There are very few internet fights I would battle until I lose an arm, but this is one of them. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still remember E.T. to this day for how bad it was.  If you're 8 years old and you think a game sucks, it really sucks.  Especially compared to what games you were comparing it against.  Can't say I ever played Adventure, spent most of my time on Frogger and Pitfall I think.  

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Wait....what???? Adventure was a great game (with the Easter Egg) and absolutely nothing like the train wreck E.T. There are very few internet fights I would battle until I lose an arm, but this is one of them. 😄

Anything and everything else in the Atari library were better conceived than the E.T. game. I apologize for that maligned comparison. Personal experience with Adventure was virtually null outside a barely functioning cartridge at "some guy my dad knew from work probably" house, and online reviews range from five-star nostalgic praise to "it cured my cancer" memes. I did find reading into the development process intriguing including a Game Developers Community panel years ago.

In short, the gameplay may not have enraptured me back in the day whereas the technical groundwork caught my interest in later years. Still, this is a gauntlet I never meant to throw down in the first place. And I was not looking to re-enact a certain Monty Python bit. Ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1