10304 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28

HandyHand

I like the set.  But, the price...🤦‍♂️ I'm not only having trouble adjusting to the upcoming price increases for existing sets, but also finding new set pricing difficult to accept.  Should have been $149.99 max like the Mustang (which I haven't looked if it's on the price increase list).  I'm really afraid that these escalating prices from Lego may begin to turn people away from Lego all together.  Yes, it may help retired sets, but I'm concerned for the future.  Ugh, send me to the bubble thread 😐.  

Edited by BRIX23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

I like the set.  But, the price...🤦‍♂️ I'm not only having trouble adjusting to the upcoming price increases for existing sets, but also finding new set pricing difficult to accept.  Should have been $149.99 max like the Mustang (which I haven't looked if it's on the price increase list).  I'm really afraid that these escalating prices from Lego may begin to turn people away from Lego all together.  Yes, it may help retired sets, but I'm concerned for the future.  Ugh, send me to the bubble thread 😐.  

the mustang IS on the list to be increased in price

honestly, I think just like Covid was the convenient scape goat for EVERYTHING ... supply chain/inflation is the convenient excuse for price increases...everybody is raising prices because everybody is raising prices...the ones that raise prices later on will be viewed more negatively.

There might be a bright side...maybe the 20% "permasale" amount will go up to 30% 😁

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

Beautiful car but the price makes this a personal no buy unless it is at least 40% off which will be hard to find I expect.
Glad I've got the mustang with a good discount last year.

I feel (reading comments on several forums) that the sentiment towards Lego is getting worse and worse with every price increase and released set. I personally buy less and less since the price just doesn't justify the quality and quantity (of bricks) anymore on various sets. Mostly only looking for used sets which are down heavily on the retail price. It was fun once :s

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric83 said:

I feel (reading comments on several forums) that the sentiment towards Lego is getting worse and worse with every price increase and released set. I personally buy less and less since the price just doesn't justify the quality and quantity (of bricks) anymore on various sets. Mostly only looking for used sets which are down heavily on the retail price. It was fun once :s

The increasing prevalence of the cheap but well reviewed knockoff sets on amazon underscore this. If we head to a recession expect that trend to increase 10x. Everyone here thinks price increases will help retired sets and while I get that argument (and hope its true) my gut says that it will drive an increasing amount of ppl towards the 90% of quality but only 1/3 of the price sets.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

The increasing prevalence of the cheap but well reviewed knockoff sets on amazon underscore this. If we head to a recession expect that trend to increase 10x. Everyone here thinks price increases will help retired sets and while I get that argument (and hope its true) my gut says that it will drive an increasing amount of ppl towards the 90% of quality but only 1/3 of the price sets.

While we only focus on retired sets, Over the last few years we have noticed most sets max out on price, Other then maybe a bump at xmas, But they quickly come down, We stick to a margin we want to make on each set now, Try not to hold over 1 year

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaozz said:

While we only focus on retired sets, Over the last few years we have noticed most sets max out on price, Other then maybe a bump at xmas, But they quickly come down, We stick to a margin we want to make on each set now, Try not to hold over 1 year

Agreed. Not to highjack this thread but one final point - the days of 2x plus easy I think are over for the main part only to be gotten with 1) short releases / sudden retirements 2) exclusives 3) clearance level buy-ins.