Selling International Versions of Lego in USA

With the dollar being particularly strong now vs the Euro and with VAT being removed for USA buyers from European retailers, I recently purchased a large amount of retired sets from Europe.

I got my first big batch today and from what I can tell the box work is identical and the differences on the outside of the box are: a) piece count information b) UPC and serial number & c) more languages on the side of the box.

Are the inner contents identical piece wise? I'm guessing the manual might have some more differences.

My plan is to avoid selling on Amazon just in case a buyer gets worried and claims its a knockoff and primarily stick to ebay. 

Has anyone run into any customer complaints selling the EU version - is this not recommended? I can make note in the description but im not sure its wise as it may scare some ppl off.

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

With the dollar being particularly strong now vs the Euro and with VAT being removed for USA buyers from European retailers, I recently purchased a large amount of retired sets from Europe.

I got my first big batch today and from what I can tell the box work is identical and the differences on the outside of the box are: a) piece count information b) UPC and serial number & c) more languages on the side of the box.

Are the inner contents identical piece wise? I'm guessing the manual might have some more differences.

My plan is to avoid selling on Amazon just in case a buyer gets worried and claims its a knockoff and primarily stick to ebay. 

Has anyone run into any customer complaints selling the EU version - is this not recommended? I can make note in the description but im not sure its wise as it may scare some ppl off.

Never had an issue, even on Amazon via FBA.

• Like 1

I think the instructions from euro box covers more languages, Or other way around. 

One of the main Amazon sellers is a euro seller, I personally think lego mass produced a lot of lego last year due to covid surge, I think there is going to be great sales this summer . Just have to get in before the sept price hike,.

Edited by chaozz

pretty sure i read some where some folks have been asking lego store employees about the price hike.   and employees are telling people its happening August 1 , which makes sense.  lots of new stuff coming out in august and some stuff retiring july 31