10303 - Loop Coaster

Pseudoty

Overall, I like it. If it can work correctly and consitently without issue then it be awesome. But there's something about it that doesn't really match with other fairground sets. It's like a little too sleek and modern. Lacks a bit of charm. It's more of a "wow" factor than a "aww this is nice and fun" factor.

Price? egh...didn't really expect anything else really.

Does it fit with the fairground theme?  No.  Is it a fairground coaster?  No.  I think it's a good start by Lego.  It's a Cedar Point type of attraction.    I could see this bumping up the previous coaster.  I also could see this out for less than 2 years and creating more similar to Lego Modular collection.

I would like to see how this runs motorized.  The origional with a motor and the app would make screming sounds every time a set of cars dropped and we could have two sets of cars running at the same time.  It was so enjoyable watching the origional.  This one is done way too quick and only has one set of cars.  It's tall, but I wonder if it will produce the same entertainment level as the original.  

Edit: I just watched the video again and realized LEGO slowed down the video showing the cars going around the loops and retuning to the boarding area.  Even LEGO realizes the "ride" is way too short but in order to get that height it requires too many pieces.  I would be shocked if this sells well.

Edited by exracer327

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I want to see someone combine the two. I feel like it wouldn’t be too difficult to have the end of one, roll into the start of the other.

That would truly be an impressive feat, but the only way that the double-loop can happen is with that crazy drop, so it would MAYBE be realistic if that once the coaster cleared the double loop, the "second half" of the coaster just picks up at the top of the lift hill from the original Roller Coaster, and maybe the cars can make it through. You would need the parts to extend the vertical lift hill, because I don't think you would have enough remaining parts to recreate it.

• 3 weeks later...