Anyone had lego replace lots of pieces at once?

CRF3973

Question

Hey,

I recently purchased a sealed UCS sand crawler. Ive had nearly 25-30 brittle brown pieces break as I've built the set. Ive received replacements for a few broken pieces from older sets every now and then over the years but would lego really replace this many pieces at once? Worried about potentially getting flagged in their system.

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, CRF3973 said:

Hey,

I recently purchased a sealed UCS sand crawler. Ive had nearly 25-30 brittle brown pieces break as I've built the set. Ive received replacements for a few broken pieces from older sets every now and then over the years but would lego really replace this many pieces at once? Worried about potentially getting flagged in their system.

If you explain to them and also give them a quantified number, they're usually really good about replacing them. I had to replace 10 windows and 25 slopes once from the Medieval Market set and that was pretty old. They'll flag it in the system online so you have to call them and explain.

• Like 1

Take some pictures and email their customer sevice/support. I've done this a few times and I did not have to talk on the phone with anyone. I also had a UCS Tantive show up reboxed by fedex to hide that the set had been opened and every bag containing a minifig had been removed. I sent pictures and received replacement bags no questions asked. 

On 6/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, CRF3973 said:

Hey,

I had to get a load of pieces shipped to me as one of the minibags that contain connecting pieces was missing from my UCS Slave 1. They were sent out to me with no issues.

The issue with brown pieces is well known so I can't see it having any impact.

22 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

Take some pictures and email their customer sevice/support. I've done this a few times and I did not have to talk on the phone with anyone. I also had a UCS Tantive show up reboxed by fedex to hide that the set had been opened and every bag containing a minifig had been removed. I sent pictures and received replacement bags no questions asked. 

Did you report this to Fedex?

On 6/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, CsabaLazlo said:

Did you report this to Fedex?

I emailed and called. I never received a response from FedEx outside of the automated message received email. Lego said they contacted FedEx about the issue as well. 

• Like 1