Ideas Promo - xxxxx? - Foosball Table?

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas Promo - xxxxx? - Foosball Table?
  • 4 months later...

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/table-football-21337

Holy cow. $250???

Edit: I think they went overboard on inclusivity on this one. Should have done ten bog standard figs. By including the full team of 11 on each side with tons of variations the price just got super out of hand, also the superfluous bench build to 'store' all those extra figures. I thought the Black Panther mega-bust was the biggest misstep so far this year but I think they've outdone themselves here.

Edited by keymomachine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

Image for Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21337 Table Football

Everyone knows the best part of foosball is all of the extra players / figures sitting outside of the table.  YAY !!!!! :drag:

Dang it I am becoming JANG, but for that price I can buy actual foosball table.  OR spend $50 for a mini tabletop foosball game
https://www.amazon.com/WIN-MAX-Foosball-20-Inch-Football-Soccer/dp/B0882KNMPQ

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Image for Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21337 Table Football

Okay I thought that Image was the gwp - I dont see why any table soccer fan should buy it when it does not resememble the actual game. I dont know why they changed it from the submission - did anyone really expect, that you could actually play table soccer with lego bricks?

I think 1 year life cycle and bad seller rank after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weemsc54 said:

What a bizarre combination of compromises and decisions. 

Awful. 

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

ugly as sin. wow is lego going downhill

This should never have made it out of the review phase. The ideas line feels congested and diluted.     

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 5

My running theory with these type of sets is that Lego's kryptonite are sets that expand and change what people thought was traditionally possible with Lego pieces. Typewriter and piano are examples of this. So Foosball was something Lego simply couldnt resist - wow! You can even make a working Foosball table out of Lego!!! What a versatile system!

Except, turns out that you can't really. But Lego stubbornly kept with the concept and shrunk it down to a workable mini version which looks about as much fun to play with as flying internationally economy class. It just doesnt work at this scale. Maybe a cute 2 minute demo style toy to show off. But to actually play? Please. For $250?? This is NOT the way....

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

My running theory with these type of sets is that Lego's kryptonite are sets that expand and change what people thought was traditionally possible with Lego pieces. Typewriter and piano are examples of this. So Foosball was something Lego simply couldnt resist - wow! You can even make a working Foosball table out of Lego!!! What a versatile system!

Agree with that sentiment, I would also throw 21305 in there as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ecto said:

Looking forward to picking this up on a deep deep discount. I love side builds, but this set definitely didn't need one.  Really questionable choices. 

Funny thing. I have friends in the custom minifig community, and they are going nuts over this set. The figs and hair pieces are really appealing to their tastes. The table is just a bonus. 

I on the other hand agree with the posters here that it is a letdown. Although like most LEGO sets once I see them in person, I come around on LEGO's logic. 

31 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Funny thing. I have friends in the custom minifig community, and they are going nuts over this set. The figs and hair pieces are really appealing to their tastes. The table is just a bonus. 

I on the other hand agree with the posters here that it is a letdown. Although like most LEGO sets once I see them in person, I come around on LEGO's logic. 

Yeah, I watched @just2goodvideo and he was gushing about the hair pieces and different colors. Maybe a good set if you part it out on BL. 

First Unboxing out. The glaring omission of review of the playability of this set tells us what we need to know, namely, there isn't much of it. 

I wont give this my HS and Vidiyo treatment/rating - I'll put this somewhere in between QE/Stadiums & T2 instead.

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 1