There has been a new post in this thread...

You only receive that message when a link was posted. Any plain text posts arrive in your email correctly. My assumption is that losing ad revenue was not being provided correctly having people click through their email and not directly from the site itself. 

For me it makes things easier. If I can read the post from my email then I can ignore it as it's just people continuing to chat in the wrong thread as per usual. If I can't read the post in my email, then it may actually be worthwhile to look at. 

• Like 1

You only receive that message when a link was posted. Any plain text posts arrive in your email correctly. My assumption is that losing ad revenue was not being provided correctly having people click through their email and not directly from the site itself. 
For me it makes things easier. If I can read the post from my email then I can ignore it as it's just people continuing to chat in the wrong thread as per usual. If I can't read the post in my email, then it may actually be worthwhile to look at. 

Not losing ad revenue, but more along the lines of complying with T&C for some of the affiliate programs.

You can have the link and click thru if it’s posted on the site. You can’t if it’s sent out via an email.