Jump to content

Jurassic World 2022


Lobot
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Great looking set. I have doubts about how soon this pre-order sells out. This is one of the largest "Target only" sets they have had, correct?

not sure either but with a mid april release plenty of time to cancel orders. risk free bet yes sir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is rough and the size of the T-Rex in front of the big gate is exaggerated (proportionally) but this gives you an idea of scale. I made the palms on the small set match the scale of the gate. Will pair nicely and should drive demand for T. Rex Rampage set and value.

471285939_JurassicPark2.thumb.jpg.88c3bcf1888119eb72f4339858f5d3ca.jpgd

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

This is rough and the size of the T-Rex in front of the big gate is exaggerated (proportionally) but this gives you an idea of scale. I made the palms on the small set match the scale of the gate. Will pair nicely and should drive demand for T. Rex Rampage set and value.

471285939_JurassicPark2.thumb.jpg.88c3bcf1888119eb72f4339858f5d3ca.jpgd

Makes the gate set easily a $500 set 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

Why is this a Jurassic “Park” set, like the movies and not Jurassic “world” like the theme. Maybe I missed it mentioned already. Sorry. 

I suspect because it's in the 18+ (Nostalgia) collection is why. Why would you use the new JW logo on the black box? You are right that the other two Jurassic Park sets had Jurassic World branding on them and followed the same general box art design of the JW sets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I suspect because it's in the 18+ (Nostalgia) collection is why. Why would you use the new JW logo on the black box? You are right that the other two Jurassic Park sets had Jurassic World branding on them and followed the same general box art design of the JW sets. 

The other two sets with the molded dinos are from the upcoming Dominion movie.  They have the movies new Jurassic World logo on the box.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

good to see. but that might also mean a decent amount available on day of release.

yeah QFLL on new releases have been tricky

by the time we get in our hands the shelves could be stocked at all the major retailers.  LEGO Pre-Orders by no means, are indicative of any scarcity once available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah QFLL on new releases have been tricky

by the time we get in our hands the shelves could be stocked at all the major retailers.  LEGO Pre-Orders by no means, are indicative of any scarcity once available.

I agree. The QLL has been tricky. I'm sure we all did good with Barracuda and Haunted House on the initial release.

However, I held too long on Ghostbusters and missed a semi-flip. I then sold early at a loss in Oct 21', only to see the price almost double at Christmas 21' time. I think this comes down to the "Product Type" aka "LEGO Sets for Adults". I don't think I've ever seen these adult sets on sale (maybe on Zavi or Honey cash back)? 

I think the play is to grab them early, the re-sell price will be less than retail at some points, there will never be a retail "sale price" in the first year, so hold it until it gets hot. Hot seems to happen within the initial year's release on these adult sets earlier on, and later in the Christmas season (good luck trying to get stock right before Christmas).

Edit: I think Friends and others were on the adult list, but even then, I did well on the initial release and Christmas season. F big bird- that was a total mistake ha

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah QFLL on new releases have been tricky

by the time we get in our hands the shelves could be stocked at all the major retailers.  LEGO Pre-Orders by no means, are indicative of any scarcity once available.

Speaking about this one specifically, it's a Target "exclusive".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...