Jurassic World 2022

Lobot

9 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

This is rough and the size of the T-Rex in front of the big gate is exaggerated (proportionally) but this gives you an idea of scale. I made the palms on the small set match the scale of the gate. Will pair nicely and should drive demand for T. Rex Rampage set and value.

471285939_JurassicPark2.thumb.jpg.88c3bcf1888119eb72f4339858f5d3ca.jpgd

Makes the gate set easily a $500 set 

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

Why is this a Jurassic “Park” set, like the movies and not Jurassic “world” like the theme. Maybe I missed it mentioned already. Sorry. 

I suspect because it's in the 18+ (Nostalgia) collection is why. Why would you use the new JW logo on the black box? You are right that the other two Jurassic Park sets had Jurassic World branding on them and followed the same general box art design of the JW sets. 

20 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I suspect because it's in the 18+ (Nostalgia) collection is why. Why would you use the new JW logo on the black box? You are right that the other two Jurassic Park sets had Jurassic World branding on them and followed the same general box art design of the JW sets. 

The other two sets with the molded dinos are from the upcoming Dominion movie.  They have the movies new Jurassic World logo on the box.  

12 hours ago, fossilrock said:

The other two sets with the molded dinos are from the upcoming Dominion movie.  They have the movies new Jurassic World logo on the box.  

I'm talking about 75932 and 75936, sets that are Jurassic Park but both have Jurassic World branding.
https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Jurassic-World/subtheme-Jurassic-Park

4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

good to see. but that might also mean a decent amount available on day of release.

yeah QFLL on new releases have been tricky

by the time we get in our hands the shelves could be stocked at all the major retailers.  LEGO Pre-Orders by no means, are indicative of any scarcity once available.

5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

by the time we get in our hands the shelves could be stocked at all the major retailers.  LEGO Pre-Orders by no means, are indicative of any scarcity once available.

I agree. The QLL has been tricky. I'm sure we all did good with Barracuda and Haunted House on the initial release.

However, I held too long on Ghostbusters and missed a semi-flip. I then sold early at a loss in Oct 21', only to see the price almost double at Christmas 21' time. I think this comes down to the "Product Type" aka "LEGO Sets for Adults". I don't think I've ever seen these adult sets on sale (maybe on Zavi or Honey cash back)? 

I think the play is to grab them early, the re-sell price will be less than retail at some points, there will never be a retail "sale price" in the first year, so hold it until it gets hot. Hot seems to happen within the initial year's release on these adult sets earlier on, and later in the Christmas season (good luck trying to get stock right before Christmas).

Edit: I think Friends and others were on the adult list, but even then, I did well on the initial release and Christmas season. F big bird- that was a total mistake ha

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Speaking about this one specifically, it's a Target "exclusive".