Brickheadz 2022

Pseudoty

[mention=5626]Alpinemaps[/mention]
So, Tell me what you want, what you really really want?
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_02/7BDC07BC-3A6C-4DA9-A8D6-4E1A073C10A9.thumb.png.a6ecc9cbf7dd278ff4d33d7489180c0e.png

What I really want is to start a 2022 BHz thread, lol

Seriously tho….I just told my wife that this really tests the limits of “I must own every BHz.” But *sigh* I was pick these up day one like I always do.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

@Alpinemaps

So, Tell me what you want, what you really really want?

7BDC07BC-3A6C-4DA9-A8D6-4E1A073C10A9.png

I get that Lego is heavily investing into the AFOL market and would like to get more women on board but this is getting too much. They should be investing into the City line. Most of the new sets really stink when compared to sets 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Jimking23 said:

Wow, I googled how many different Brickheadz and came up with a number around 130. Do you also collect the SDCC Brickheadz? That would get pricey. 

Of the numbered sets, including the Spice Girls, there's 167.  If you count the SDCC BHz, Go Brick Me, Bride & Groom, and 'special' giveaways, there are 185.

I'll break it down some day soon, but basically yes. I've Bricklinked (or am Bricklinking) the SDCC ones, and obtaining stickers or 'fakes' for the unique parts in those sets.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Of the numbered sets, including the Spice Girls, there's 167.  If you count the SDCC BHz, Go Brick Me, Bride & Groom, and 'special' giveaways, there are 185.

I'll break it down some day soon, but basically yes. I've Bricklinked (or am Bricklinking) the SDCC ones, and obtaining stickers or 'fakes' for the unique parts in those sets.

I hate how much those SDCC ones are, like, really hate it. Do you go after the store versions at all? I know you open yours (at least thats what I recall). Would love to see an updated pic of the collection.

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

What I really want is to start a 2022 BHz thread, lol

Seriously tho….I just told my wife that this really tests the limits of “I must own every BHz.” But *sigh* I was pick these up day one like I always do.

I wanna... I wanna... I wanna... I wanna... I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ahhhhh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I hate how much those SDCC ones are, like, really hate it. Do you go after the store versions at all? I know you open yours (at least thats what I recall). Would love to see an updated pic of the collection.

As soon as I finish unpacking and putting up shelving, I will take pics.

So if it's been released, I have it. I'll have to go into details of what's up with the exclusives, and what I've done to deal with all of them. That will be a separate post.

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

There was an Ideas BHZ set for Queen but they probably couldn't get the Freddie license so they went with this.  

Too bad since that would have been easy to MOC.  Just use that Spice Girl with UK flag, change her hair to white, give her a sceptre to hold, and put a tiara/crown on top.

Oh wait, you were talking about the band... 

:P 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, redghostx said:

My wife. She's 35 and was a big spice girls fan.

Who does the big bang theory set target, or Muppet babies, or sesame street? Answer: The same general audience. Adults with nostalgia and money.

Yay LEGO!

All the ones you mentioned have much bigger audiences than spice girls fans. Wait, fans? Not ex fans? Spice girls still exist?  All 15 of them. No, 16.  

10 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

All the ones you mentioned have much bigger audiences than spice girls fans. Wait, fans? Not ex fans? Spice girls still exist?  All 15 of them. No, 16.  

I would not bet on that.  About 4 years ago boy bands like Nsync did reunion tours and did pretty well, until the nostalgia ran out.  Spice Girls were massive back then.  They most likely could still sell out a few stadiums if they decide to do reunion tours (assuming no mass gathering restrictions, of course)

I'm sorry, but I think this is hysterical and awesome.  I mean why not?  Isn't that part of the fun for Brickheadz - anything is game?  Also, from a business model it makes since because you go where the money is.  Gen X and Millennials that who love nostalgia.  Have you been in a toy aisle lately - it's all He-Man, Voltron, Transformers, and Mad Balls.  This totally makes since.  

Also, friendship never ends...so...

Edited by srm_520
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I would not bet on that.  About 4 years ago boy bands like Nsync did reunion tours and did pretty well, until the nostalgia ran out.  Spice Girls were massive back then.  They most likely could still sell out a few stadiums if they decide to do reunion tours (assuming no mass gathering restrictions, of course)

They were massive, no doubt, but like you said, they “were”. I guess at the end all I’m saying is that lego is pretty late with this set imo 

• 3 weeks later...