Minifigures Series 9 is (Not) Sold Out on Shop-at-Home!

TheOrcKing

Bring on series 10 and the hunt for the golden minifig! :)

OK, yeah for the Mr. Gold man-person-figure-thingy, it might be worth it to buy a couple. If they increase anything like those Chrome C3PO's, then I will spend like $50 on badly guessed bags of CMS's. Bring it on! One of them's gotta be right!

I figured I would get too obsessed over getting every minifigure and end up wasting like $50 failing at the "feel" technique. Lol!

I can relate. It took me a while for it to become second nature to smoosh for certain characters at all. I started doing that with Series 7 and perfected my technique with Series 8. Now I have no problem with what & how to feel to found those minifigures I want. It's just a matter of patience really. I spent three hours going through four different boxes of 30's for Series 9 to get the complete set. Plus I put some extras on the side.

Its funny because these are barely hitting some stores now. My local walliemart had them, sold out in a few days, and never restocked. Maybe they are getting short printed? You're not kidding. It took until the beginning of this week I think before my Target got any of these in! Wal-Mart for me never does so that's no surprise. I don't know who's the dummy that has total control over distribution, but this is ridiculous. It should not take this long for either Wal-Mart or Target to get something like these Minifigures in to begin with.

Regardless, I'm thankful that I have a nearby Five Below around, that's where I had to get all of my Series 9 characters.

I'll probably be able to pick up Series 10 the second they come out from there!

It did seem awfully quick.

Series 8 seemed do disappear quickly too.

Might grab another box or two while I still can

It is too early to really tell for investment, but I feel like Series 9 is a solid one alltogther.

I absolutely love every character!

It is too early to really tell for investment, but I feel like Series 9 is a solid one alltogther.

I absolutely love every character!

It wouldn't be for investment. I sold the two sets I made from my last box within 48 hours and that covered the box price. With only two complete sets in a box I raised my set price and that didn't matter at all :D

hi. fairly new to collecting minifigures.

does anyone know how many "complete set" can you get in a sealed series 9 box? :D

It varies. Supposedly, the minifigures are randomly put into each box, so you get a variety of different ones. Often you will get a load of figures that you don't need, and lots of times, the box won't have a complete set in it. If you can get 2 sets in 1 box, you are pretty lucky!

You get 2 full sets in a 60 pack box. There is a breakdown in one of the threads which tells you pretty much what you will get. Comicblast, the boxes I have ordered previously have been consistent with minifig numbers others have posted. It is when people buy packets from stores where things get murky, as they can mix packs up when they open new packs. My local K-Mart has two open boxes. One even had a series * packet in there.

A complete set, you can make less than a 9 dollar profit right now after eBay fees. These minifigures do not appreciate and actually depreciates. I would pass if I were you. Just as I suggested in previous threads, return it if you have any. I am going to return all 180 of my unopened ones. Unless someone has other insight on these series 9 being different than previous ones.

hi. fairly new to collecting minifigures.

does anyone know how many "complete set" can you get in a sealed series 9 box? :D

If it's a box of 60, you get 2 complete sets. If it's a box of 30, only one complete set.

And each box is not random. I don't think they've ever been really.

Series 9 - Box of 30: Minifigure Ratio

1 Waiter

1 Forest Maiden

1 Plumber

1 Hollywood Starlet

1 Roller Derby Girl

1 Fortune Teller

2 Chicken Suit Guys

2 Roman Emperors

2 Judges

2 Mermaids

2 Battle Mechs

2 Mr Good and Evils'

3 Policemen

3 Cyclops'

3 Heroic Knights

3 Alien Avengers

For a box of 60, multiply the above ratio by 2.

A complete set, you can make less than a 9 dollar profit right now after eBay fees. These minifigures do not appreciate and actually depreciates. I would pass if I were you. Just as I suggested in previous threads, return it if you have any. I am

going to return all 180 of my unopened ones. Unless someone has other insight on these series 9 being different than previous ones.

Yes, not every character appreciates well and factoring in the rarity of different ones can either increase or decrease their worth. Investing in Minifigures is pretty much the same as polybag investing. You may have to sit on them for quite a while for each to gain in value.

I gotta say you are wrong on that one. Each box is random. I got 10 policeman in a sealed box before. 2 emporors in one. Trust me on this. I have perfected the feel technique to go through 1 box in 15mins knowing exactly which each figure is. Back to the same question, does anyone feel these damn series 9 minifigures will appreciate or is it just the same as the rest?

Can someone direct me to a minifigure Series 1-8 that goes for $10 or more?

There a quite a few from series 1-8 that fetch $10+, off the top of my head here are a couple: Zombie, Spartan Warrior, Hockey Player, Robot, Cricus Clown, Lawn Gnome, Hazmat Guy, and the Viking.