Jump to content

Star Wars 4502 Original Trilogy X-Wing


tz6p06
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well, since I'm new here why dont you fill me in on what I might be doing wrong.  Instead of just leaving a comment like this, dont you think it would be more constructive to let me know?  In my opinion, kind of a stupid thing to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. You are advertising a set that goes for $150-$250 new in box on EBay for $350+shipping

2. You are trying to sell on a reseller site, which means you should price so that someone can buy from you and make some money on the purchase now or in the (near) future.

 

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a reseller site. Yes, there are some collectors here, but pretty much everyone here is looking to make money off of their Lego purchases. (I thought this would be common sense and not need explanation, but guess not)

You are asking $350 plus buyer pay shipping. Currently there is a new one on Ebay for $300 that includes shipping. There is also a listing for a brand new one on Mercari for $308 and $10 shipping.

Just glancing through sold listings on Ebay it seems that patient collectors can purchase this for around $250. The most recent sale of a new one was 29 Jan. It was listed for $275 and a lower best price was accepted.

You have it priced way too high for anyone on here (more educated buyers) to be at all interested. In fact, I would guess that your only potential buyers for this anywhere are going to be well educated (in Lego) collectors and are not going to be willing to pay such a high mark-up.

Did that explain it well enough for you?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tz6p06 said:

Well, since I'm new here why dont you fill me in on what I might be doing wrong.  Instead of just leaving a comment like this, dont you think it would be more constructive to let me know?  In my opinion, kind of a stupid thing to say.

This is not really a forum for a set like this, or for selling at all really. We are all resellers here. Unless it's a good deal you won't get interest. No money to be made on this. 

I have done some trades here but not straight up sold anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

This is a reseller site. Yes, there are some collectors here, but pretty much everyone here is looking to make money off of their Lego purchases. (I thought this would be common sense and not need explanation, but guess not)

You are asking $350 plus buyer pay shipping. Currently there is a new one on Ebay for $300 that includes shipping. There is also a listing for a brand new one on Mercari for $308 and $10 shipping.

Just glancing through sold listings on Ebay it seems that patient collectors can purchase this for around $250. The most recent sale of a new one was 29 Jan. It was listed for $275 and a lower best price was accepted.

You have it priced way too high for anyone on here (more educated buyers) to be at all interested. In fact, I would guess that your only potential buyers for this anywhere are going to be well educated (in Lego) collectors and are not going to be willing to pay such a high mark-up.

Did that explain it well enough for you?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
 

Yes it does, like I said I'm new to the site and didnt know (look at the stats I've got 33 posts and you have 1.1k), you've been around much longer.  The last couple responses have cleared up about how the site runs and operates.  Points are well taken and will be considered in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it does, like I said I'm new to the site and didnt know (look at the stats I've got 33 posts and you have 1.1k), you've been around much longer.  The last couple responses have cleared up about how the site runs and operates.  Points are well taken and will be considered in the future.
I see your low post number, but also see where it says that you have been a member since 2013. I just figured that someone with a 9 year old account wouldn't be new.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I see your low post number, but also see where it says that you have been a member since 2013. I just figured that someone with a 9 year old account wouldn't be new.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
 

Signed up a long time ago but just started using the forum less than a month ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2022 at 7:41 AM, tz6p06 said:

I was hoping to sell locally but there is no interest.  I will offer shipping from 48044.  Please message for quote to your location.

Have you tried Facebook market place?  You can join a number of the national groups(join as many as you can), create 1 ad and post across numerous groups.  This helps with exposure.   Ive had a lot of success there. Just need to be patient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Have you tried Facebook market place?  You can join a number of the national groups(join as many as you can), create 1 ad and post across numerous groups.  This helps with exposure.   Ive had a lot of success there. Just need to be patient.

Thanks, I did actually add it there.  I've never sold anything on Facebook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...