2013 May the 4th buying combinations

sadowsk1

If years prior to this year are any predictor there should be an exclusive Lego Star Wars Polybag given out to all Lego Star Wars purchases totaling 75.00. Usually there are some sales and deals going on along with free shipping but what would you buy in order to get the free polybag at current msrp prices to reach 75.00? Note - in the past they sometimes give the free minifigure with non Star Wars purchases but for the sake of this thread let's stick to all Star Wars! I would probably pick up: 9489 Endor battlepack x 2 @ 12.99 = 25.98 75001 Old Republic battlepack x 2 @ 12.99 = 25.98 74003 A-Wing @ 24.99 Grand Total 76.95 This order may or may not be repeated more than once... If you have any other sort of rumors about what the exclusive might be, feel free to share!

I dont know what you mean by 'proper', but there have been plenty of hoth Han Solos to date.

I think it is supposed to be when he's on the Tauntaun. Don't think we've ever had a Han with that getup. I could be wrong, I don't collect every minifig ever made. Personally, I hope it's a false rumor, as I look forward to this promotion and a Han Solo(outside of a chromed Carbonite) would be a letdown.

There are currently 4 different versions of Han in the Hoth Gear with a Parka Hood that he wore while riding the Taun Taun. Not a lot of differences between the 4, but there are still plenty of Hoth Hans available that I doubt too many would be excited to see another one. A chrome Han in Carbonite sounds good though.

I know we're talking about it being han... but is that pure speculation?

For the most part, yes. This came from someone that knew that the TC- 14 was last years giveaway, so they have been given some credit for saying what it was this year. Again, I hope they're wrong. Another Zam Wessel would be cool too.

I just found a rumor that it is a Zam Wessel minifigure.

That would be sweet! We haven't seen one of those since like 1999! Not sure if they would make a chrome one, but cool nevertheless. I don't think it will be a Han Solo figure because they already have Celebration Han Solo in a so-called "Exclusive" Character Encyclopedia. Having 2 exclusives of the same character doesn't work for me.

This thread seems to have gotten off topic. You could always just buy the new UCS X-Wing and reach $75 with no combo needed! But in reality I'm hoping that on may 4th the b-wing finally has a sale/price reduction. What type of % off deals should I expect?

In the past I've seen between 10% and 25% off some sets but mostly 10%. I don't remember anything phenomenal.