Who was the most pivotal character in the original trilogy?

TheOrcKing

Of all the different characters throughout the original trilogy of Star Wars,

Who was the most pivotal character?

You may want to think about it for a bit, the answer may surprise you!

There is no prize if you guess correctly. Maybe the title of Ultimate Star Wars Fan or something.

I don't know. Just having some fun here.

Wedge. He was the ONLY rebel pilot (besides Luke) to survive the whole original Trilogy.

I love Wedge and always feel like he is so underappreciated! He is also an awesome character in the novels. Leia is very important because she becomes chief of state, becomes a powerful jedi knight, helps save the galaxy numerous times, and is the mother of Jacen/Darth Caedus, and the Sword of the Jedi, Jaina Solo. Anakin Solo doesn't survive long enough to be a major factor. Is there a correct answer to this question OrcKing?

I love Wedge and always feel like he is so underappreciated! He is also an awesome character in the novels. Leia is very important because she becomes chief of state, becomes a powerful jedi knight, helps save the galaxy numerous times, and is the mother of Jacen/Darth Caedus, and the Sword of the Jedi, Jaina Solo. Anakin Solo doesn't survive long enough to be a major factor. Is there a correct answer to this question OrcKing?

There really isn't a correct answer to this since everyone has their own opinion. I am going with Darth Vader because he is the vocal point of the whole trilogy. (The chosen one who will bring balance to The Force.) Even though it took awhile, he killed The Emperor and brought balance to the force. (I did not choose him because of my name. Lol.)

Of all the different characters throughout the original trilogy of Star Wars,

Who was the most pivotal character?

You may want to think about it for a bit, the answer may surprise you!

There is no prize if you guess correctly. Maybe the title of Ultimate Star Wars Fan or something.

I don't know. Just having some fun here.

Easy. The red astromech droid that broke after Owen purchased it from the Jawas. If it did not break, R2D2 and C3P0 would have been stuck with the Jawas. Leah's message would not have been seen by Luke and he would not have met Obi Wan. etc etc etc. Basically, the OT Star Wars tale was a no starter without it breaking down...

It's clearly Obi Wan. Self sacrifice to get them off the ship in A New Hope. Without this... they're all dead/captured. Not to mention his influence with Luke that allowed him toblow up the Death Star. Guess what would have happened if Luke missed his shot? More Alderaan explosions!!!!!!! Kabloooooowey

Easy. The red astromech droid that broke after Owen purchased it from the Jawas. If it did not break, R2D2 and C3P0 would have been stuck with the Jawas. Leah's message would not have been seen by Luke and he would not have met Obi Wan. etc etc etc. Basically, the OT Star Wars tale was a no starter without it breaking down...

You're definately on the right track! The character I'm thinking of is a little earlier than that scene. But you're very close!

And brilliant deductions by the way, Mr. Holmes. :-)

Actually, R5-D4 was sabotaged by R2-D2 to engineer the breakdown at the Uncle Owen's farm, so the crown for Most Pivotal goes back to R2-D2 ;)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-D4

I love how every one says that it's 'clearly' their choice. ;)

Ha ha, that is amusing.

I'd say George Lucas because none of this would'f been here without him!

Well that's true but was kinda looking for a character within the universe not out of it! Ha ha!

You're thinking of Anonymous Hold-Your-Fire Guy, when the droids are escaping to Tatooine.

If he had been Anonymous Blow-It-Up-Anyway Guy, the trilogy would have been very short.

BINGO!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

You're thinking of Anonymous Hold-Your-Fire Guy, when the droids are escaping to Tatooine.

If he had been Anonymous Blow-It-Up-Anyway Guy, the trilogy would have been very short.

OMG how could I forget this guy. Watching as an adult I remember asking why the heck didn't he destroy that escape pod. Destroying the pod would have left no doubt when searching for the "secret plan" in Tantive IV.