75019 - AT-TE

StarCityBrickCompany

My local Targets have put some Star Wars sets at 50% off. 75019 the AT-TE being one of them at $45. Even though I am not a fan of episodes 1-3, I grabbed the 4 that they had because I'm sick and can't control myself. The vehicle looks like a slow moving, less cool AT-AT to me. Only 5 figures, 2 of which are battle droids is nothing to get excited about either. But I'll admit I am out of touch with the younger fan base for Star Wars which seems to prefer Clone Wars to original. So I'm hoping to get some   objective input here. Will this be a sought after set after EOL or will it struggle to get back to and then hover around retail $90?    

I would keep them. I am going to disagree with the above. I sold these like crazy (parting out) with no minifigures during Christmas - definitely one of my most sought after sets. I sell the set with no minifigures much faster than all the figs in it.

As for the figures, Windu is pretty popular. The two battle dorids are decent - people like having the commanders - and Coleman Trebor is a nice exclusive.

As for investment, I am not sure but feel like this set might see a little jump after EOL. The other ATTEs are both pretty expensive NIB and I think this one is as good as those so I could see it getting to around $100-$125 after it retires.

Either way, you could get about MSRP for them this Christmas. At about $50 in, you would still be able to clear $25-$30 on each which isn't bad at all.

• 1 year later...

AT-TE was discounted for quite some time and pretty widely avail. 144 resellers on amazon now. I'll be curious to see how this performs, but I am not extremely optimistic. 

I agree, I see $115-$120 tops.  Which isn't bad if you picked up a few under $50.

Although, it is a nice build.