Store minifigure displays - can they be purchased?

BuckeyeFanDan

Has anyone ever tried to buy the minifigures from the displays that places like Target have in the LEGO aisle? The display that I am talking about is the one that showcases all of the minifigures for a particular line like Super Heroes or Monster Fighters. I don't know what the stores do with these once they don't need them anymore and was curious if anyone has ever tried to buy them and was successful.

Has anyone ever tried to buy the minifigures from the displays that places like Target have in the LEGO aisle? The display that I am talking about is the one that showcases all of the minifigures for a particular line like Super Heroes or Monster Fighters. I don't know what the stores do with these once they don't need them anymore and was curious if anyone has ever tried to buy them and was successful.

There have been several other threads about this. Just search "Store Display" in the Forum search.

To answer your question, store employees tend to want to hang on to them because they could face lawsuit or be fired. I heard that Lego wants all of the displays either returned to them or destroyed. Employees obviously take some of them home, which is why we see them on eBay and Craigslists, but ultimately, there are consequences for stealing them.

Most, if not all members here, think that this is a huge waste on Lego's part, but what can we do about it? I have heard that a member here was able to successfully get a Friends store display. The character displays are newer, whereas the ones featuring the minifigures and the main build are more common.

Can't find the thread about the member here that actually got the display, but if I find it, I will post it here.

:-)

That's complete crap. My friend was going to try to buy the display from target.

I also want to try. Been looking at different plain displays on eBay. Search "acrylic display" or "acrylic box" on eBay. I wanted to make my own because I don't have to buy them and I can make them custom.

I am the foremost expert on LEGO displays on the planet Earth. Here are some facts... 1. All LEGO displays are glued 2. All LEGO displays are meant to be destroyed after use 3. LEGO displays can be bought on eBay and Bricklink 4. LEGO displays are cool as sh*t

• Like 1

4. LEGO displays are cool as sh*t

Number 4 is my favorite one. ;) I just hate that the really cool ones cost over $150 usually unless your definition of cool is a set that a 35 year old who doesn't know anything about Legos glued together with Elmer's Glue in his mom's basement, then there are lots of cheap cool displays out there! Go and get'tem, boys!!

I am the foremost expert on LEGO displays on the planet Earth. Here are some facts...

1. All LEGO displays are glued

2. All LEGO displays are meant to be destroyed after use

3. LEGO displays can be bought on eBay and Bricklink

I'm not too familiar with the variety there is in Lego displays, do you have a favorite?

I am the foremost expert on LEGO displays on the planet Earth. Here are some facts...

1. All LEGO displays are glued

2. All LEGO displays are meant to be destroyed after use

3. LEGO displays can be bought on eBay and Bricklink

Aren't you the "foremost expert on LEGO" everything? lol