Brickindex question

I don't know if I should be posting in this thread, but I couldn't find any other remotely on topic. We all, more or less, use the Brickindex to check out which sets are top performers during the last 6 months. But I'm wondering if we could also see which sets are top performers in the last year, 5 years or from when they first showed up on the market. I already shared this idea with Ed. The main point would be to have an index where we could see the best sets over their lifespans and how well they appreciated. I bet there are a lot of people wondering how much did this and that set cost when they started selling and how much they are selling for today. Thanks Seifer

I don't know if I should be posting in this thread, but I couldn't find any other remotely on topic.

We all, more or less, use the Brickindex to check out which sets are top performers during the last 6 months. But I'm wondering if we could also see which sets are top performers in the last year, 5 years or from when they first showed up on the market. I already shared this idea with Ed.

The main point would be to have an index where we could see the best sets over their lifespans and how well they appreciated. I bet there are a lot of people wondering how much did this and that set cost when they started selling and how much they are selling for today.

Thanks

Seifer

Right now, there is no index like this. But in the future, there will be. I know I sound like a broken record here, but in a very short time, we will be releasing a rather interesting new feature on the site which has been sucking the life from Jeff and I. We have not been working on anything but the new feature, like articles or other sorts of upgrades for the site.

That being said, this new project will be getting released to the BrickPicker members shortly so they can try it out. When the new feature is up and running bug free, we will then be able to start about the next evolution of the site, which will be some sort of "premium" membership. There are so many more charts, graphs and data to share with members and making the Brickfolio more of a professional spreadsheet is also on the list. We are looking to cater to the more high end user with the premium membership. So sit tight. It will all be coming with time.

I know you guys are working very hard to make it all happen. This site is wonderful and there is a lot of positive energy. This "premium" feature - my guess is you will be introducing a membership fee of some sort. If you are than maybe it would be better to stimulate people to be more active by saying that 1000 brickpoints is worth a year subscription or something like that.

I know you guys are working very hard to make it all happen. This site is wonderful and there is a lot of positive energy.

This "premium" feature - my guess is you will be introducing a membership fee of some sort. If you are than maybe it would be better to stimulate people to be more active by saying that 1000 brickpoints is worth a year subscription or something like that.

It's way too early in the thought and development process to get to this. We are focusing on one thing for the most part right now. To quickly reply to your idea, its not a bad one at all, but that leads to issues of people putting in crazy or meaningless posts in order to gain brickpoints. You will see tons of "I agree" or "Yes" or "Good point" posts just to get that extra point. So it could do more harm than good.

It's way too early in the thought and development process to get to this. We are focusing one thing for the most part right now. To quickly reply to your idea, its not a bad one at all, but that leads to issues of people putting in crazy or meaningless posts in order to gain brickpoints. You will see tons of "I agree" or "Yes" or "Good point" posts just to get that extra point. So it could do more harm than good.

I prefer normal membership fee

Free is good but I'm always ready to pay for premium features

I don't want to put the cart before the horse here. We have a long way to go before anything close to a "premium package" is released or how it can be achieved. Maybe it will be a monetary thing, maybe it will be based on merit or activity. There is nothing set in stone and I can see advantages to both. What I can promise you is that we won't give you some "hack bullsh*t" product and want to charge for it. If we put something out that people have to pay or work for, it will be worth the money or effort.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse here. We have a long way to go before anything close to a "premium package" is released or how it can be achieved. Maybe it will be a monetary thing, maybe it will be based on merit or activity. There is nothing set in stone and I can see advantages to both. What I can promise you is that we won't give you some "hack bullsh*t" product and want to charge for it. If we put something out that people have to pay or work for, it will be worth the money or effort.

To quote Snake (for the Simpsons fans): "She needs premium, dude, premium!"

I'm surprised you guys (Ed & Jeff) have time to even post on the boards with all the cool features you're developing. Count me in as an early adopter, with or without an early bird discount!