Free Shipping vs Double VIP Points...

LEGO Oleg

I would go for x2 VIP. If you order enough, you get more VIP rewards than it costs to ship. Then again, you have to order alot in order for that to work out. Just an FYI: On LEGO Shop at Home, the Rancor Pit, you get an extra 50 VIP points if you buy it March 1-24. also works for: 76005 Spider-Man

Amazon is my choice. Free shipping should be a given and double VIP points is OK, but still doesn't get prices down to Amazons in most cases.

There's still quite a few sets that aren't on Amazon, Emma's Horse trailer and summer riding camp are both pretty pricey on there, as well as the orc forge, barrel escape, Unimog, 4x4 crawler, horizon express and I am sure there are countless others. The TRU BOGO excluded some of these sets, plus lets not forget that the Lego stores have...da da da....the brick wall! It may not be as affordable, but it sure seems more fun to me to walk into the Lego store, peruse the inventory, pick out my selection and make my purchase amidst the magic and imagination in the air.

BTW, those poor souls who have amazon business presence in their state have much less incentive to use them.

I plan on at least making a trip to my local store when I pass through.

The last time I went to the Lego store, one of the salespeople told me that if they don't have an item in-stock at the store, but have it available online, that they could put the order in through your VIP online account and have it shipped to your home with the shipping charge waived. I'm waiting to try this later this month. Has anyone else had experience with this? I live in a state where Amazon charges tax so I end up buying as much as I can at Target with the Red card or at the Lego store with promos.

I would go with free shipping becaus you still get VIP points. For every 100 ordered during double VIP points you get an extra five. On a hundred dollar order would shipping be more than five dollars? Probably. Now if you live close to a lego store then there is no question, double VIP points is what to wait for. It's hard to find exclusives purely through lego.com anymore so like Ed said, if you can resist the urge wait for amazon.

There's still quite a few sets that aren't on Amazon, Emma's Horse trailer and summer riding camp are both pretty pricey on there, as well as the orc forge, barrel escape, Unimog, 4x4 crawler, horizon express and I am sure there are countless others. The TRU BOGO excluded some of these sets, plus lets not forget that the Lego stores have...da da da....the brick wall! It may not be as affordable, but it sure seems more fun to me to walk into the Lego store, peruse the inventory, pick out my selection and make my purchase amidst the magic and imagination in the air.

BTW, those poor souls who have amazon business presence in their state have much less incentive to use them.

I plan on at least making a trip to my local store when I pass through.

True, a handful of sets are not available at MSRP or a discount, but that's a handful. Most will see Amazon at some point...for example...The Haunted House. I don't have a LEGO store to walk into and many others are in the same boat as me. 98% of your LEGO needs can be met on Amazon.