Ren vs Ren (75104 vs 75256)

rist

The first Ren shuttle is still available at RRP (in aus) 4 years post-retirement. Is that a useful gauge for the performance of 256, or is it the existence of 256 (which most people consider the better model) the factor suppressing 104's price?

I'm a big fan of the "black one"

have you seen it displayed...wings out in the V... a must have for any SW collector...can't let the illusion of surplus and recency bias cloud your thinking...the ship has some pretty nice scenes in the movies...that silhouette is killer... any SW fan will recognize it...a couple of years post-retirement and it's going to appreciate well (throw in a couple unique MFs...it's a winner)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ren vs Ren (75104 vs 75256)
  • 11 months later...
Any reason 75256 hasn't gone up in price since its retirement last year?
Seems to me it has gone up... granted I haven't paid any attention to it because I didn't grab any of the whiniest character's in Star Wars ship. But retail was $130 and it is selling for $216 on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Seems to me it has gone up... granted I haven't paid any attention to it because I didn't grab any of the whiniest character's in Star Wars ship. But retail was $130 and it is selling for $216 on Amazon.

I don't think Amazon is always accurate. You should use bricklink or your local facebook market / craiglist.

They are going as if its not retired close to retail price.

Edited by LegoPicker88888
  • Haha 1

I don't think Amazon is always accurate. You should use bricklink or your local facebook market / craiglist.
They are going as if its not retired close to retail price.
Why would I use any of those if I sell on Amazon? It is ranked 2853 in toy building sets, so it is definitely selling at that price on Amazon.

• Haha 1

I never sold on Amazon and always use local markets so thats why.
But in your comment you stated that I should use bricklink or FB Marketplace/Craigslist... My question was, why should I use any of those if I sell on Amazon?

Amazon prices are accurate if you sell on Amazon... period. I don't need to use any other prices on any other selling platforms.

Granted, the going price on the platform you use for selling is the price you will look at. People selling on eBay also have different selling prices than what I'm used to, and then there are price differences between regions in the world. Sets that are rare and expensive in the USA might be more prevalent in Europe, and vice versa. 

For me, in The Netherlands, my #1 platform to sell on is Bricklink, knowing fully well that on average the prices there are lower than on other platforms. 

Regarding Kylo Ren's shuttle (75256) still selling for ~ original retail price on Bricklink (EU) I think is caused by the sequel trilogy generally not being very appreciated by Star Wars fans. I feel the same way and am not at all interested in sets from the sequel trilogy. I even sold my Resistance Bomber as a 2nd hand built set (with a small profit even), but I'll keep my 75256 set because it's still a great looking set and well designed. Also keeping BB-8 because it looks nice next to my R2-D2 UCS set. :)