• Newt Scamander
  • Seraphina Picquery
  • Nicholas Flamel
  • Bertie Bott
  • Jocunda Sykes
  • Rowena Ravenclaw
  • Garrick Ollivander

3 hours ago, TANV said:

So, anyone got any thoughts how much these would go for on the secondary market? Wallet's feeling pinched right now to justify spending $100 on HP sets.

I'm guessing higher than typical HP GWPs; mainly because they are "MUST HAVES" for anyone looking to complete the component-based Hogwarts Castle system

AND you will need 4 of them to have a version for each House.

• 2 weeks later...

you know not much has been discussed about the new style of modular Hogwart components...I think they are brilliant in both detail and application and scope.  Instead of re-designing the whole castle every few years these mini-sets can continue to bring about new scenes (and endless list of possibilities from the movies to draw upon).

[btw, I'm trying to get 4 sets of the dorms.  If any BPer is interested in selling for me 4 for $120 (I'll cover ship), PM me please]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

you know not much has been discussed about the new style of modular Hogwart components...I think they are brilliant in both detail and application and scope.  Instead of re-designing the whole castle every few years these mini-sets can continue to bring about new scenes (and endless list of possibilities from the movies to draw upon).

I've been looking at these as well. It's got a bit of a doll house vibe for Harry Potter rather than the front face castle display. I'm trying to see how the dorms and the Flying Lesson fit into how they set up this bunch:

LEGO Harry Potter 20th anniversary Hogwarts combined featured

• Like 3

17 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

[btw, I'm trying to get 4 sets of the dorms.  If any BPer is interested in selling for me 4 for $120 (I'll cover ship), PM me please]

This has probably been brought up but there is another rumored for Jan '22 - Hospital Wing ($30 and similar size to the Flying Lesson).

I agree - I prefer these to the revived sets that started in 2018.

There was also another rumor that I saw a few weeks ago that there would be another big HP release/announcement this year, but it kind of died out. Was hoping it was an extension on the microscale castle or Diagon Alley Gringotts

On 11/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, MrToes16 said:

I've been looking at these as well. It's got a bit of a doll house vibe for Harry Potter rather than the front face castle display.

Your comment reminded me of the original Playmobil Victorian Mansion play set released when I was a kid. There was the main three floor build one could assemble. Then there were separate add-on kits such as another "floor", deck, room, or whatever. In other words there was the opportunity to keep extending or changing the base structure into however you wanted.

It would be interesting to see Lego do something similar perhaps.

• Like 1