Shipping Issues With Direct Orders From Lego

Grayslate

I'm new to adult Lego.  I want to buy the new Titanic next month but it was recommended that I start-out with something smaller 😀. I ordered the LEM (lunar excursion module) kit directly from Lego almost one week ago. When I clicked "track order" I got an error message. I contacted Lego and they sent me a copy of the invoice but so far there is no indication that the order has been shipped.

This past weekend on Sunday morning I went to Amazon and ordered the Saturn V and it was delivered on Monday afternoon. That would be about 24 hours later! 

I'm curious to hear if this is kind of delay from Lego is normal. I like to buy directly from companies but with this kind of service it's hard to beat Amazon. 

Edited by Grayslate
grammer

16 minutes ago, Grayslate said:

I'm new to adult Lego.  I want to buy the new Titanic next month but it was recommended that I start-out with something smaller 😀. I ordered the LEM (lunar excursion module) kit directly from Lego almost one week ago. When I clicked "track order" I got an error message. I contacted Lego and they sent me a copy of the invoice but so far there is no indication that the order has been shipped.

This past weekend on Sunday morning I went to Amazon and ordered the Saturn V and it was delivered on Monday afternoon. That would be about 24 hours later! 

I'm curious to hear if this is kind of delay from Lego is normal. I like to buy directly from companies but with this kind of service it's hard to beat Amazon. 

Not sure about North america, but in UK, depending on area and time of the year, it isn't uncommon for lego to take up to 3/4 days to dispatch. For me, normal dispatch time is 1 / 2 days.

I think most people have just gotten used to amazon prime and that is now the defacto benchmark, when in reality waiting afew days for delivery is ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

That was me that suggested trying a smaller set first.  If you enjoy the Saturn V (same designer) then the Titanic should be a great next build.  

Good advice and thank you! I'm loving the Saturn V but as a newbie, I'm slow (but steady). I read a very helpful Amazon review on this particular build that emphasized the need to follow the directions exactly and make sure all parts are perfectly fit before continuing on. It's easy to see how some folks would not pay attention to the details and then complain that the kit is "defective".  This reviewer was commenting, point by point, on those who gave the kit one star. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltron said:

Not sure about North america, but in UK, depending on area and time of the year, it isn't uncommon for lego to take up to 3/4 days to dispatch. For me, normal dispatch time is 1 / 2 days.

I think most people have just gotten used to amazon prime and that is now the defacto benchmark, when in reality waiting afew days for delivery is ok.

It just arrived! I should have waited before posting 😀And you're right, I've been spoiled by Prime. I should know better too. As an old retired guy I remember well when mail order took weeks and that was the norm and we were happy for it...

1 hour ago, Grayslate said:

Good advice and thank you! I'm loving the Saturn V but as a newbie, I'm slow (but steady). I read a very helpful Amazon review on this particular build that emphasized the need to follow the directions exactly and make sure all parts are perfectly fit before continuing on. It's easy to see how some folks would not pay attention to the details and then complain that the kit is "defective".  This reviewer was commenting, point by point, on those who gave the kit one star. 

Yes, everything must be perfectly aligned when making a round object out of square shaped bricks  There are some sets you can eyeball the instructions and just wing it but this is not one of them.  

If you like the NASA theme you may want to try the Space Shuttle next it does have some hard stickers to apply but you can just leave them off. I would wait for a sale or good promo set. Still 1/4 of the amount of pieces in the titanic. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nasa-space-shuttle-discovery-10283

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've exchanged S&H items in store before, but never sent items back.  Just didn't want to draw attention.  Yesterday the Fedex driver left two boxes at the foot of my porch in the rain and everything was ruined.  Why not put the boxes down "on" the porch which is covered????

Anyway, will they let me just return the items ruined for exchange and keep the GWP's or do I have to return everything?

Anyone have success with having them replace the items with something else?  It will be too late for an exchange and would rather order a different set(s) that still qualify for the GWP's.

2 hours ago, gmpirate said:

I've exchanged S&H items in store before, but never sent items back.  Just didn't want to draw attention.  Yesterday the Fedex driver left two boxes at the foot of my porch in the rain and everything was ruined.  Why not put the boxes down "on" the porch which is covered????

Anyway, will they let me just return the items ruined for exchange and keep the GWP's or do I have to return everything?

Anyone have success with having them replace the items with something else?  It will be too late for an exchange and would rather order a different set(s) that still qualify for the GWP's.

talk to the rep and explain the issue.  none of it is your fault and the sob story might sway the rep to let you keep GWPs ...happened to me some years ago when I complained about a box that was damaged enroute.