71395 - Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block

Leaked images of the Mario D2C are out. It's a very disappointing set imo. It's supposed to be a Super Mario 64 set, with a giant ? block and little vignettes of the levels... only problem is, there were no ? blocks in the Mario 64 game I don't think. Lego should have just done a Princess Peach castle.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Leaked images of the Mario D2C are out. It's a very disappointing set imo. It's supposed to be a Super Mario 64 set, with a giant ? block and little vignettes of the levels... only problem is, there were no ? blocks in the Mario 64 game I don't think. Lego should have just done a Princess Peach castle.

There were blocks. The whole design is a homage to Mario 64 being the first 3D Mario game, thus the 3D block that appears to hold many different functional vignettes.

I know some have labeled this leak as princess peaches castle, but it’s possible that it is a separate set, as that’s just one of 4 vignettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were blocks. The whole design is a homage to Mario 64 being the first 3D Mario game, thus the 3D block that appears to hold many different functional vignettes.

I know some have labeled this leak as princess peaches castle, but it’s possible that it is a separate set, as that’s just one of 4 vignettes.

There were no question mark blocks though. In Mario 64 they were red exclamation mark blocks. If this is a Mario 64 homage set then the block should have been red with a ! on it, not yellow with a ?

25 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

There were no question mark blocks though. In Mario 64 they were red exclamation mark blocks. If this is a Mario 64 homage set then the block should have been red with a ! on it, not yellow with a ?

https://super-mario-64-official.fandom.com/wiki/Block

You're right! Might have to mod to a yellow exclamation point block.  They should GWP an additional level

There were red ? Blocks in the DS version iirc. I think the block is mostly novelty and looking closer at the design it may be set up as a mystery which mini build you get once you activate it.

There were red ? Blocks in the DS version iirc. I think the block is mostly novelty and looking closer at the design it may be set up as a mystery which mini build you get once you activate it.

I agree that the block is mostly novelty and they just went with the most famous of the blocks. But if they were going to do that then they should have just called it a Super Mario set instead of specifying Mario 64 and then having the largest part of the build be of something that wasn't even in that game.

That's like them making a 1989 Batman movie set that contains a 300 piece 1989 Batmobile and a 1400 piece Tumbler...

Sorry, but there is just no arguing it now. Lego really messed this up, they even put "Super Mario 64 ? Block" on the front of the box, it is the set name... 4f40af13581326b2895648f5ef1b02dc.jpg

• Like 1

completely random question...would anyone here think that a 3.5 year old playing through an entire above level SMB  is
a. gifted
b. playing way too much video games
c. both
Neither.

My two year old can complete most of a classic playthrough of SSB:M, on very easy, with no continue.

He gets very little screen time other than watching me do things, kids just get born with an ipad now, even if they don't use it.

It's fkn weird.

Yay LEGO!

22 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

completely random question...would anyone here think that a 3.5 year old playing through an entire above level SMB  is

a. gifted

c. both

Both if it's the original. Classic SMB is a hard ass game. The newer wii & switch versions are much easier for kids. 

43 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

a. gifted

c. both

Not sure but my kid struggles with the holding B to run and then hitting A to jump.  She can press the D-pad to the right to walk and press A to jump but somehow cannot figure out how to run and jump.  Kind of makes it hard to beat almost any level other than 1-1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Not sure but my kid struggles with the holding B to run and then hitting A to jump.  She can press the D-pad to the right to walk and press A to jump but somehow cannot figure out how to run and jump.  Kind of makes it hard to beat almost any level other than 1-1.

thanks...I'm seriously trying not be judgy but someone close just went thru a divorce and and he only gets his kid 3 days a week...the amount of screen time he allows his 3 year old must be like 4-5 hours a day...I know parenting is tuff but...

posting this to get a broader perspective cuz my 9 year old can't make it 5 seconds on the game (so he would be : not gifted and NEEDS MORE time playing video games)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to 71395 - Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block