New name for illegal 'drop shippers'

A 'drop shipper' by any other name....  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the new name to best describe illegal drop shippers?

• Fraud Shipper
    • Shyster Shipper
    • Scam Shipper
    • Square Scam Shipper
    • Swindling Shipper
    • Swindler Shipper
    • Swipler
    • Dropfrauder
    • Dropscammer
    • seller using a stolen credit card (SUASCC)
    • Illegal drop ship square shyster scammers who use stolen credit cards to make fraudulent purchases on your behalf (IDSSSSWUSCCTMFPOYB)
    • Dropship Defrauder
    • Marauding Defrauder
    • Drop Scoundrels
    • Ship Scamps

There has been a lot of talk about this particular issue. Heck, there was even an article for it. However, it has been explained before that actual 'Drop Shipping' is a legimate practice used by companies such as Wal-Mart and Amazon when you order something online. It is only when you have individuals using stolen credit cards things get illegal. I have read complaints from some members about using the term 'drop shipper' for these illegal practices when the truth is actual 'drop shipping' is legal.

So I am proposing that we put our heads together and come up with a name that befits the crooks that use the legal practice of 'drop shipping' for their own illegal purposes and avoid any further confusion or upset.

Well, the best I could come up with is a "Fraud Shipper".

Maybe you guys can come up with something more fitting?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of talk about this particular issue. Heck, there was even an article for it. However, it has been explained before that actual 'Drop Shipping' is a legimate practice used by companies such as Wal-Mart and Amazon when you order something online. It is only when you have individuals using stolen credit cards things get illegal. I have read complaints from some members about using the term 'drop shipper' for these illegal practices when the truth is actual 'drop shipping' is legal.

So I am proposing that we put our heads together and come up with a name that befits the crooks that use the legal practice of 'drop shipping' for their own illegal purposes and avoid any further confusion or upset.

Well, the best I could come up with is a "Fraud Shipper".

Maybe you guys can come up with something more fitting?

SHYSTER SHIPPER!!!

Mine isn't very witty, but it's what the eBay fraud person told me it was called when I contacted them to sort out mine.

He called it a Triangle Scam: http://reviews.ebay.com/Auction-Fraud-Prevention-Triangulation-Scam?ugid=10000000001350476

Most of the current ones on eBay would be more like Square Scams though, since they add a fourth 'victim' - the reputable eBay seller who's been lured in by the promise of high commissions if they sell the scammer's items for them. I use quotes because it falls into that "If it's too good to be true..." category.

Since I am a sucker for alliteration, I shall suggest "Square Scam Shipper"

Mine isn't very witty, but it's what the eBay fraud person told me it was called when I contacted them to sort out mine.

He called it a Triangle Scam: http://reviews.ebay.com/Auction-Fraud-Prevention-Triangulation-Scam?ugid=10000000001350476

Most of the current ones on eBay would be more like Square Scams though, since they add a fourth 'victim' - the reputable eBay seller who's been lured in by the promise of high commissions if they sell the scammer's items for them. I use quotes because it falls into that "If it's too good to be true..." category.

Since I am a sucker for alliteration, I shall suggest "Square Scam Shipper"

Wow. I didn't even know of the correct name for that.

Basically using your idea, we could cut it down to "Scam Shipper".

Why does it matter? I guarantee you there is no way to drop ship Lego and make money. Sure it's possible to do this with other products, but with TLG's distribution chain, it's impossible with Lego.

Isn't that the point? To come up with another name besides "drop shipper"? Why tarnish the name of reputable drop shippers(of other products) when a new one that differentiates the two clarifies things?

Just so there is no more ambiguity, we should call them "Illegal drop ship triangle shyster scammers who use stolen CC's to make fraudulent purchases on your behalf" every time we want to refer to them or perhaps "IDSTSSWUSCCTMFPOYB's"

......I have absolutely no idea how to even remotely pronounce that.

Just so there is no more ambiguity, we should call them "Illegal drop ship triangle shyster scammers who use stolen CC's to make fraudulent purchases on your behalf" every time we want to refer to them or perhaps "IDSTSSWUSCCTMFPOYB's"

No no, you've done it all wrong. It was a Square scam not a Triangle scam!

IDSSSSWUSCCTMFPOYB!

My head hurts from even trying to pronounce that... haha.

How about Swindling Shipping or Scam Shipping. They are bad, but that's all I can think of.

TheOrcKing and many others on here think we should come up with a new name for illegal dropshipping. TheOrcKing said this:

I compiled a list of proposed names from various people on that thread to make a poll on which one you guys/gals like the best. If I left out any please let me know and I can add it. Also, feel free to comment on some other ones you think of.
Link to the original forum on this: A 'drop shipper' by any other name....

Shyster Shipper is amusing and workable, but I might not take it that seriously. (Sorry, Ed.) Scam Shipper I think gets right to the point. Swindler Shipper or 'Swipler' could work too, but Swipler kind of sounds like a Ben & Jerry's ice cream now that I think of it. Ha ha. Although it is a little catchy. Ah, I'm gonna just leave this in your guys capable hands. I've already done enough damage for one day, heh.

I like "Fraud Shipper" as it gets the point across that what they are doing is using fraudulent credit cards to purchase and ship. "Scam shipper" sounds more like they are running the scam on you the buyer, which they aren't, at least not directly. Definitely think it should stop being referred to as "Drop Shipping" or even "Illegal Drop Shipping" (as that implies something illegal about the nature of drop shipping itself.

Definitely think it should stop being referred to as "Drop Shipping" or even "Illegal Drop Shipping" (as that implies something illegal about the nature of drop shipping itself).

And this in it self was the very reason I started that other thread, because calling them 'drop shippers' is giving the legal practice of drop shipping a bad name and that's just not right.