42131 - Caterpillar D11 Bulldozer

fuzzy_bricks

Brickset has the release for this bulldozer and it look massive.  Yellow treads seems interesting, but maybe that's how they roll off the factory floor.

https://brickset.com/article/63317/first-look-at-42131-cat-d11-bulldozer

42131-1.thumb.jpg.02a62a18812ad2bcd8cacb03d13ce698.jpg

A quick trip to the Cat page and it looks like the yellow treads are correct.

CM20181212-27747-60351.jpg.17bc69e9d2988be840a46156a39196b4.jpg

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 2

Brickset has the release for this bulldozer and it look massive.  Yellow treads seems interesting, but maybe that's how they roll off the factory floor.
https://brickset.com/article/63317/first-look-at-42131-cat-d11-bulldozer
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/42131-1.thumb.jpg.02a62a18812ad2bcd8cacb03d13ce698.jpg
A quick trip to the Cat page and it looks like the yellow treads are correct.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/CM20181212-27747-60351.jpg.17bc69e9d2988be840a46156a39196b4.jpg
They were fine with adding black elsewhere to the model, they should have just made the treads black as well. That yellow paint is probably gone within the first 5 hours of normal use on the real thing anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Been a long time since the last proper dozer. This thing looks boss and huge, really like the yellow tracks, last one had gray which was ok but this one looks better. Almost up to Jurgen level. As a large technic superfan this is the variety we need to counter all the stupid overpriced remote trucks of which I have bought none. The original unimog is better than almost everything currently available besides the Liebherr and the super cars of course, that hurts. Yikes just saw $450, gonna need to wait for a zavvi sale, as UK, Europe always seem to get way better technic deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, junkrigger said:

Been a long time since the last proper dozer. This thing looks boss and huge, really like the yellow tracks, last one had gray which was ok but this one looks better. Almost up to Jurgen level. As a large technic superfan this is the variety we need to counter all the stupid overpriced remote trucks of which I have bought none. The original unimog is better than almost everything currently available besides the Liebherr and the super cars of course, that hurts. Yikes just saw $450, gonna need to wait for a zavvi sale, as UK, Europe always seem to get way better technic deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also a big Technic fan, and this is right up my alley. I want this to build and then use to collect all of my kids random lego pieces into more convenient piles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

They were fine with adding black elsewhere to the model, they should have just made the treads black as well. That yellow paint is probably gone within the first 5 hours of normal use on the real thing anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I think black would have looked better, just to break up all the yellow.

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I think black would have looked better, just to break up all the yellow.

Agreed but then it would be true to the source material. 

This is an awesome looking set, but people have complained about the Control+ feature. I don't have any sets that use it. Question to All: What's the problem with it?

Edited by oneknightr

I agree having the tracks yellow does make them blend in with a lot of the build compared to if they were black or gray. At the same time I think aesthetically it is fine here not to mention realistic. Plus this is the premiere for those Technic wide treads in yellow I believe. I wonder what sparks of creativity shall arise from these.

While I may not give this to a kid to build, I certainly would feel like one playing with this massive monster. Tonka who? Haha.

• 3 months later...