10290 - Pickup Truck

HandyHand

lego-10290-pickup-truck-0001.jpg

lego-10290-pickup-truck-0002.jpg

Releasedate: October 1st.

Source: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-10290-pick-up-truck-offiziell-bild/126707/

Official description:

A perfect escape from modern life! Get ready to travel back to the 1950s with this LEGO® Pickup Truck (10290) building project. Packed with details, this true-to-life model recreates the vintage pickup truck shape with its rounded lines. Explore the model to discover realistic pickup truck features like a stepside bed, opening doors and tailgate and removable wooden side railings.

Celebrate the seasons
This truck is hard at work all year round, delivering produce from Green Farm. Create a seasonal display with the many accessories included. There’s a wheelbarrow with flowers and a watering can for spring. For summer there are 2 wooden crates, tomatoes, carrots and a milk bucket. Autumn brings a crate of pumpkins, while for winter there is a wreath and a festive gift.

Love the journey
This set is part of a collectible series of LEGO buildable models for adults who appreciate beautiful design. It offers an immersive build and will make a top gift for any fan of vintage pickup truck models.

Build a faithful LEGO® model version of a vintage 1950s farm pickup truck. Explore all its realistic features then place your truck on display to admire this classic collectible model.

This LEGO® Pickup Truck 10290 buildable model set offers a rewarding building project for adults as you recreate the iconic rounded pickup truck shape from a classic era in vehicle design.

Explore the model to discover its many realistic pickup truck features like a stepside bed, opening doors and tailgate and removable wooden side railings.

Fresh from the farm! Discover lots of seasonal accessories including a wheelbarrow and watering can, vegetables and a milk bucket, a crate of pumpkins, plus a festive wreath and gift.

Steer the truck then open the doors to inspect the interior. The bonnet also opens to reveal the engine.

Designed especially for adult LEGO® builders, this set offers a rewarding build with a collectible display piece to cherish. It’s also a great gift idea for anyone who loves vintage 1950s pickup trucks.

Measures over 5.5 in. (14 cm) high, 13 in. (33 cm) long and 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide.

This LEGO® 1950s vintage pickup truck set is part of a range of creative building sets designed for adult building fans who love stunning design, intricate details and elegant architecture.

LEGO® building bricks are manufactured from high-quality materials. They’re consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.

With LEGO® pieces, safety and quality come first. That’s why they’re rigorously tested so you can be sure that the model is as robust as it is beautiful.

• Like 3

Can’t recall a set being available for preorder this far in advance perhaps a new way to avoid leaks. This was the set number leaked to be BTTF vehicle. I wonder if the leaker saw the placeholder set name/description 10290 - Back in time vehicle. 

Grabbed one now to get the adidas promo but holding off on the second in case they do a promo tie in. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/pickup-truck-10290

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Why not? It has a wreath in the back and it isn't a toy shop. 🙂

Yay LEGO!

Wreath, yes.  However, flowers, carrots, and a pumpkin are not winter but fall.  I don't think this is the Christmas Village set but more like a Thanksgiving / Fall Festival set.

To that end, does LEGO really need to produce a new Winter Village set?  They currently have two that are almost perpetually OOS.

Edited by exracer327

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I just took it that this might be the Christmas set this year.

25 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Why not? It has a wreath in the back and it isn't a toy shop. :-)

Yay LEGO!

4 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Wreath, yes.  However, flowers, carrots, and a pumpkin are not winter but fall.  I don't think this is the Christmas Village set but more like a Thanksgiving / Fall Festival set.

To that end, does LEGO really need to produce a new Winter Village set?  They currently have two that are almost perpetually OOS.

Guys it's right there on the box. Supposed to cover all seasons:

image.png.bfb728744f2abe68ba7f85b740f55945.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The design is very well done. It blends together shapes of Chevrolet, Ford, and GMC pickups from the era. The front grille is insanely good relatively on par with the similar scale Ecto-1 creatively using minifigure skates. Embarrassingly though I cannot recall a real world truck of the time sporting a vertical grille.

13 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

The lower portion of Chevy farm trucks from the 1950's sported a vertical grill:

https://www.pinterest.com/deborahasavidge/fun-trucks/

But I agree, horizontal grill work is much more memorable.

Thank you. I remember that type somewhat. Intriguing style mixing horizontal going into the vertical. I would have been impressed to see the LEGO designer completely incorporate that design into the build here. I suppose they got the bottom half at least. Ha.

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OT, but anyone else think the orange Ford 150 Raptor is a miss all around...that orange 😑

You should start a new thread for that set? Personally I don’t like any sets in brick separator orange. 

4 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Missed opportunity to make Little Blue Truck!

Wait for the remake ;) 

15 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OT, but anyone else think the orange Ford 150 Raptor is a miss all around...that orange 😑

11 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

You should start a new thread for that set?

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Are you really suggesting I should start a new thread?