does it worry anyone....

...that every week there are hudres of new people on this site?

No. An interest in LEGO and LEGO investing does not mean people suddenly start making perfect decisions and are able to pick the rights sets, be patient, or know how to sell. Or that they have extra income and space to be a significant player. It's a little more complicated than just liking LEGO...

We see posts here all the time where someone talks about the amount something is selling at on eBay without a consideration of all the work and fess involved and whether that amount the item sold for in fact represents any profit...

A lot of the posts here reveal that some people who think they are interested in LEGO investing are total beginners and know nothing about buying and selling. I'd guess that a lot of them will lose interest or quit at the first speed bump. A lot of new members are probably kids, too, who don't have the capital to do anything significant and won't for several more years.

There are millions upon millions of LEGO fans. While our numbers are growing rapidly into the tens of thousands, I doubt that has much effect on the overall secondary LEGO market.

How many members do you guys have now do you think? or is that "top secret" information?

There are millions upon millions of LEGO fans. While our numbers are growing rapidly into the tens of thousands, I doubt that has much effect on the overall secondary LEGO market.

How many members do you guys have now do you think? or is that "top secret" information?

Top secret.

Top secret.Ahhh man!!

Top secret.

The FBI doesn't even know lol

I don't think that it's as if everyone who signs up on this site is brand new to investing in Lego. There's people out there who are not members here who have a garage full of sealed sets. I'm sure many sign up to be able to read information or to research sets but never post. And the vast majority of people are limited by either money to invest or proper space to store the sets. It's surprising how quickly you can fill a closet or a spare bedroom . . . So ultimately, and in addition to the earlier points, I don't think the amount of members on this site has any indication that an investment bubble is about to burst. I would think that 99% of new members are Lego collectors and builders and just love the product around the world and found this site by way of "Lego" references on search engines or other sites as opposed to those searching for new and/or different ways to invest money.

I don't think that it's as if everyone who signs up on this site is brand new to investing in Lego. There's people out there who are not members here who have a garage full of sealed sets. I'm sure many sign up to be able to read information or to research sets but never post. And the vast majority of people are limited by either money to invest or proper space to store the sets. It's surprising how quickly you can fill a closet or a spare bedroom . . .

So ultimately, and in addition to the earlier points, I don't think the amount of members on this site has any indication that an investment bubble is about to burst. I would think that 99% of new members are Lego collectors and builders and just love the product around the world and found this site by way of "Lego" references on search engines or other sites as opposed to those searching for new and/or different ways to invest money.

Very true, I too believe there are a lot of Lego hoarders out there that are not members here, at least not yet. Also not all the members here on BP are hoarding Lego to resell it. Many are just collectors and builders who love Lego!

Very true, I too believe there are a lot of Lego hoarders out there that are not members here, at least not yet. Also not all the members here on BP are hoarding Lego to resell it. Many are just collectors and builders who love Lego!

Great point Rich. I myself am more of a collector than an investor. I buy mostly sets that I want to build/keep vs ones strictly for investing.

I've said before that I'm just a collector and a builder, so you can mark me off the list of potential investors. Back to the main question, the only time I would worry about the number of new members that have or will join in the future is if EVERY one of them went out the next day to seriously invest, like buy out the whole store and hoard them forever. From the sounds of it, the majority of people here do this as a hobby on the side for fun and make a little money along the way. A select few are truely serious about the investment game at all. That's just my two cents to add to the conversation. Back to you, Ed!

I would imagine there are a number of people who use the site like I do. I'm not an investor but am happy to have an easy way of cataloging and valuing the Lego I do own. I enjoy reading the forums etc and browsing the site at lunch when I'm working. Having said all that, I've just bought my first few sets for investment, 3 bride and groom sets. All my other sets are for opening and building