Jabba Sets All Together

Blackjack

I know people have said that if you buy a Jabba's Palace you should get a Rancor Pit to go with it and vice versa, but I was wondering if you guys were going to do the same thing with Jabba's Sail Barge and Dessert Skiff. This may be able to raise the value of the Skiff when people are looking to complete this scene and need all of the characters and the Sarlacc. I don't have the money to buy these things, but would it be a good idea to buy all four of the Jabba sets and sell them all together in a few years? It would be very pricey but super awesome to complete this epic segment of star Wars! Thoughts?

Definitely a bundle would be worth more, especially upon EOL. That is why Battle Packs that had the good guys and bad guys (which ever you think is which) are worth more in pairs and groups. Other example would be the T-6 Jedi Shuttle and the Bounty Hunter ship. I suppose a Death Star and Millennium Falcon also works...

I understand the reasoning behind buying similar sets as a group, but there's always going to be customers that only need one or the other. Are you not going to sell to those people because you can't break up your "set"? I probably WILL end up purchasing a fairly close 1:1 ratio on the palace sets to start out, but I'll then sell based on what people want/need.

When I suggested this originally I meant that if you have several copies of these sets that it might be a code idea to bundle a few........if you only have one JP and one RP and you bundle it, you might be limiting your target audience.

Was it you that said that for every Jabba's Palace you buy, you should also get a Rancor Pit?

Was it you that said that for every Jabba's Palace you buy, you should also get a Rancor Pit?

I believe Ed said that on a thread. Link: http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/2412/P15 What Ed and I said is below:

I think this will be the same between the 9496 Desert Skiff and the 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge. You're going to need both if you're going to recreate that scene. This will also increase the value of these sets.

I think you can pair up the Jabba sets up in a couple different ways: Rancor Pit + Jabba's Palace Jabba's Sail Barge + Desert Skiff Rancor Pit, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge + Desert Skiff (even though you get repeated figs, people might want it for the ultimate Tatooine set. All you are missing are some Podracers....)

Easy. Get 4 or more of each and sell them as pairs or group and individually.

I think you can pair up the Jabba sets up in a couple different ways:

Rancor Pit + Jabba's Palace

Jabba's Sail Barge + Desert Skiff

Rancor Pit, Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge + Desert Skiff (even though you get repeated figs, people might want it for the ultimate Tatooine set. All you are missing are some Podracers....)

Ultimate Tatooine set will require at least the Millennium Falcon too ;)

Bundling sets together will generally make you less money. As already mentioned, if you only sell things in a bundle, you're losing a good portion of your target audience because anyone who already has a part of the bundle will be uninterested in your offering. I would argue that with almost any scenario for anything that isn't extremely limited, you will make more money if you sell the same items separately as opposed to creating a bundle with them.

I think selling them separately would make you more money I mean look at it this way, after the EOL of all the sets lets say you try to sell them in a bundle for something like $500 people would look at that and think too much money. But say instead you listed the sail barge for $200, Jabba's palace for $175, the Rancor pit for $100 and the skiff for $35 it all equals $510 which is only 10 more bucks but hey... its 10 more bucks you wouldn't have had and you're more likely to sell all of them.

Not so fast. Queen Amidala's starship, Watto's junkyard, lukes home, a new Sandcrawler, and Padma's OTHER starship.

I was limiting myself to recent (2010 or newer) sets.. If we want to go back further might as well include OLD Sandcrawler, Imperial Star Destroyer, and Tantive IV

Unapproved CUUSOO ideas like Luke's home and UCS Sandcrawler do not count since they are not officially created by The LEGO Group (yet).

As for Amidala's Starship ie Naboo Royal Starship, IIRC that was never produced by TLG as fans have been asking for it for years and years

Bundling sets together will generally make you less money. As already mentioned, if you only sell things in a bundle, you're losing a good portion of your target audience because anyone who already has a part of the bundle will be uninterested in your offering. I would argue that with almost any scenario for anything that isn't extremely limited, you will make more money if you sell the same items separately as opposed to creating a bundle with them.

what he said. ;)

Well, for the Skiff and Sail Barge, they are basically meant to be together because they are in the same scene in the movie. Same goes for the Rancor Pit and Palace. Also as stephen_rockefeller said, they lock on to each other, so really, there are no other 2 sets that should be bundled than these. Rancor and Palace can probably sell for $15 more together, and only around $10 for the Sail Barge and Palace. I have seen some sellers on eBay who sell 15+ sets together that have nothing to do with each other. And guess what? If the seller paid regular MSRP, they would have made at least $150 on the lot. These bundles are listed for over $700 and no one ever buys them... Now, for the Rancor and Palace it might be different since the max you can sell them together for is probably only around $175.