76193 - The Guardians' Ship (Benetar)

BricksBrotha

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 76193 - The Guardians' Ship (Benetar)
6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So why do LEGO put the recommended age on the box only to ignore it on their ad materials?  The box says 14+, but this kid does not look 14:

Lego Marvel 76193 The Guardians Ship 5

I would imagine legalities and/or parents complaining/returning due to their kids saying its too hard and/or loosing pieces.  I think it was on Amazon where I was reading a review from a parent complaining that this was the fourth Lego set that they have purchased now that is missing pieces -- and their child is so meticulous!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

just me or does Rocket have the best lines?

He did until Endgame when he was lectured by Captain Marvel.  The writing was so lazy and was so out of character for him to admit Captain Marvel was right.

Yes it is a nitpick, but I am not a big fan of Endgame :P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

He did until Endgame when he was lectured by Captain Marvel.  The writing was so lazy and was so out of character for him to admit Captain Marvel was right.

Yes it is a nitpick, but I am not a big fan of Endgame :P

I'm not a big fan of Endgame either, Infinity War was far superior.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They should have ended with Infinity War.  Or they could have done Endgame without time travel crap. I do not like time travel stories in general, they tend to leave many plotholes

my biggest problem was why Gomorra can come back and not Black Widow...they both literally died the same way

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

my biggest problem was why Gomorra can come back and not Black Widow...they both literally died the same way

Marvel did of a lot of this no one is really dead crap, that it lost its emotional value. TROS went down the same rabbit hole. Maybe it is a Disney thing . 

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They should have ended with Infinity War.  Or they could have done Endgame without time travel crap. I do not like time travel stories in general, they tend to leave many plotholes

Big reason why JK got rid of all the time tuners after PoA ( I don't consider Cursed Child to be Cannon ). I "liked" the way it was done in HP vs End game , but I can do without either. 

23 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

So why do LEGO put the recommended age on the box only to ignore it on their ad materials?  The box says 14+, but this kid does not look 14:

Lego Marvel 76193 The Guardians Ship 5

It makes the ship look bigger if there's a smaller person holding it haha

Edited by t_mafia
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I agree.

I subscribe to the idea that there are two ways to do time travel stories. Like Back to the Future or like LOST.

In BTTF and Endgame, you time travel and if you change things you’ve got these alternative realities.

I love the LOST idea where “whatever happened, happened.” So the Infinity Stones were always taken, they were always returned. Steve travels back to Peggy and HE WAS ALWAYS THERE. So there would have been three different versions of Steve at the Battle of New York (one just older than the other two). None of this reality jumping, alternative timeline crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I agree.

I subscribe to the idea that there are two ways to do time travel stories. Like Back to the Future or like LOST.

In BTTF and Endgame, you time travel and if you change things you’ve got these alternative realities.

I love the LOST idea where “whatever happened, happened.” So the Infinity Stones were always taken, they were always returned. Steve travels back to Peggy and HE WAS ALWAYS THERE. So there would have been three different versions of Steve at the Battle of New York (one just older than the other two). None of this reality jumping, alternative timeline crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only 2 time travel stories that work for me are BTTF and Quantum Leap.  They only worked because I like the actors enough to not think about the premise too much :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Army of Darkness & Timecop are great time travel movies. 

I enjoyed Timecop (and Mia Sara).  However, if Timecop was the way time travel worked; that Capt America fighting himself scene in Endgame would have come to a very abrupt and anti-climatic end.  

Edited by exracer327