Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, freakchem said:

I can't image another scene as classic as the upside down.

The only "scenes" I can think of are:

1) the room with the Russian "laser" trying to open the upside down

or 2) the mall since much of the movie took place in the mall, especially the final battle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11b95754906e145387f185a00312bc23.jpg

The upside smiley is interesting....

I’ve caught bits and pieces but not watched the show in-depth. What about the station wagon they drive on the way to the mall? The ice cream shop? Or a bedroom with a ham radio?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, exracer327 said:

The only "scenes" I can think of are:

1) the room with the Russian "laser" trying to open the upside down

or 2) the mall since much of the movie took place in the mall, especially the final battle.

There was a bus in a junk yard and a small fort and also the entrance hole in the field that could all be made into sets. Also yes the mall. But I haven't watched it since the finale and maybe my memory is off or there could be another spot I'm not thinking of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Belac said:

There was a bus in a junk yard and a small fort and also the entrance hole in the field that could all be made into sets. Also yes the mall. But I haven't watched it since the finale and maybe my memory is off or there could be another spot I'm not thinking of.

I agree with the bus.  That would have all the kids including Steve and several demodogs.  If they included some tire / junk debris it could make for quite the playset.  Of course, it is a fairly scary scene, so I'm not sure LEGO would go for it.

Dustin's radio set could be a cool polybag or GWP, much like Byers Castle.

Edited by exracer327
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I agree with the bus.  That would have all the kids including Steve and several demodogs.  If they included some tire / junk debris it could make for quite the playset.  Of course, it is a fairly scary scene, so I'm not sure LEGO would go for it.

Dustin's radio set could be a cool polybag or GWP, much like Byers Castle.

I'm thinking basement where boys played D&D...w/ a bed for 11 and also floating MILF

the Mall would be a really fun one...especially for 80s trivia stuff...but would likely need to be a pretty big set to be good.

Another big set would be the school but that's a logistical challenge in terms of scale.

...or LEGO sticks to the whole upside-down angle and all the ST sets need to be able to flip

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm thinking basement where boys played D&D...w/ a bed for 11 and also floating MILF

the Mall would be a really fun one...especially for 80s trivia stuff...but would likely need to be a pretty big set to be good.

Another big set would be the school but that's a logistical challenge in terms of scale.

...or LEGO sticks to the whole upside-down angle and all the ST sets need to be able to flip

I always thought a mall set would be great, but it would have to come with the big season 3 monster....and I just don't see Lego making that big, ugly thing...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I always thought a mall set would be great, but it would have to come with the big season 3 monster....and I just don't see Lego making that big, ugly thing...

I would agree, except...


image.jpeg.1c5bd41e867345f51029f6420e17e963.jpeg     image.jpeg.5b90f6f989eed97fc1b920ac5cb35448.jpeg

 

Edited by Chormeister
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

Good point.....i really hope we do get more ST sets. I loved the upside down. Brilliant set

Me too! I would love some more ST sets of any kind. The “new” 18+ designation and sets like the ones above give me room to hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Belac said:

There was a bus in a junk yard and a small fort and also the entrance hole in the field that could all be made into sets. Also yes the mall. But I haven't watched it since the finale and maybe my memory is off or there could be another spot I'm not thinking of.

I love the bus idea. It is quite iconic and not that difficult to reproduce using Lego pieces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...