• Ireland
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Japan
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Antarctica

• 3 months later...

I'm 41 and a male from the USA. I have loved Lego's since I was a small child. I have been collecting heavily for the past couple of years and have a nice collection started. I'll post pictures eventually as I learn more about the site and get comfortable using it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silentknight said:

I'm 41 and a male from the USA. I have loved Lego's since I was a small child. I have been collecting heavily for the past couple of years and have a nice collection started. I'll post pictures eventually as I learn more about the site and get comfortable using it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you all. 

Welcome. Do share, when your ready:)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Longtime AFOL here, fan since age 6, new to brickpicker. No true dark ages but I definitely had a "dim age". Was tuned into AFOL community well enough as a teenager in the aughts to know that I better guard my at-my-parents-house collection with my life, even if I wasn't into it. That instinct definitely paid off. Reclaimed the whole ~40K bricks of them a few years ago and haven't looked back since. 

As another rare woman here it seems I find myself yet again in a male-dominated field, no surprise there (I'm in tech in the real world).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shirki said:

As another rare woman here it seems I find myself yet again in a male-dominated field, no surprise there (I'm in tech in the real world).

Welcome aboard…there are definitely a few gals here! I've been on BP a little over a year, and have found this to be a fun, collegial, and very helpful group of folks.

1 hour ago, shirki said:

Longtime AFOL here, fan since age 6, new to brickpicker. No true dark ages but I definitely had a "dim age". Was tuned into AFOL community well enough as a teenager in the aughts to know that I better guard my at-my-parents-house collection with my life, even if I wasn't into it. That instinct definitely paid off. Reclaimed the whole ~40K bricks of them a few years ago and haven't looked back since. 

Welcome 8)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:31 PM, faeryedark said:

Wow!

Well, Hello!
I'm new here, but not new to Lego. Got my first set at 5 years old.
I'm 46 now.
And as a female, I seem to be in the minority, lol

Hello, female here too. 47, didn't get my first set until I was 42 LOL Now I feel I may have too many sets 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 47 and my first set came from the year I was born 1973, the steam shovel. I often ponder over who in my household bought the set at that time, did my dad buy it as a age inappropriate gift for myself, was he a fan of Legos and his mid-twenties, or did it belong to my uncle who lived with us and was 16 at the time? I asked my uncle he never saw the set, so I'm guessing it was my father's. Anyway I still have it on my shelf now

Oddly, I feel as tho I should post as I turn 47 this year (double checks w/ calculator).

I received my first set when I was in the 5th grade as a Christmas present from the aunt who gave presents (not money)...it was a medium size space set; I received a 2nd medium size set a year later (I think) but that was it....two sets to play with daily for years...until about 2 years ago when I "made up for lost time...with a vengeance"

• Like 1

I turn 47 in a couple months as well :)  My first LEGOs was the 80’s space set 483. It was a gift my parents gave me at the hospital after having my tonsils removed when I was 7.

I held onto that set for many years and it found its way into the mix of technic bricks during my teenage years. I brought the bricks with me when I moved out of college and traveled half way across the country. 

My wife was a school teacher for K-2 special Ed. She took the bricks to her classroom for the kids to play with. Most of them got lost during those years. But

I still have a small container with assorted bricks and I can still identify those from the original 483. including a space man with very little face left, a computer terminal, and some moon buggy wheels with rusting metal axles. 

I’ve been tempted to seek out a 483 on eBay to buy and build again. My wife might have her tonsils taken out here after COVID. Maybe it’ll be my gift to myself for her tonsil removal :)

483-1.jpg?201011030423

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all!  I am a 40+ year old child at heart that grew up with Legos and, I suppose like many out there, took these little bricks for granted.  We have purchased sets for our children and now that they don't play with them as much, whilst cleaning up one day I found myself lost in building some things.  Whoah the memories and feelings came rushing back.  I think I have more fun with them than my kids do to be honest.  Anyway, I guess I am probably taking my first steps into being an AFOL, but I am really new at it.  I am not sure where I want to go with it yet, but I am still having fun poking around the toy bucket in search for just the right brick.  I found this forum and thought I would drop in to say hello and see what is happening in the world of AFOL and gradually get back into things.

-t0beus

• Like 2