Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

I have actually referenced this scene many times lately. It is ironic that he works for "HDS", an obvious knockoff of UPS, because I swear UPS intentionally beats the crap out of the packages before they deliver them. I don't know how else the boxes could arrive in such bad shape. I cringe every time I see that one of my LEGO orders is going to be delivered UPS.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure you've seen them. On one side you have the nerdy tech geek that is meant to be a stab at Microsoft while on the other you have the smooth and hip teen representing Apple's computer. In each one of these commercials, Mac always 'one-ups' PC by somehow just being better in every way and being the computer for 'cool kids'. (Like never having to worry about viruses. Yeah, whatever. Dream on....)

I have nothing against Apple computers or anything like that. What I do have is an overwhelming sense of how much these commercials annoy the crap out of me. For instance, "PC" is an acronym for "personal computer" and the basic definition is "any computer for personal use". So if Mac is supposed to be the best computer for all your personal needs then by his own admittance, Mac is a PC. Can you say, EPIC FAIL!!!!

Besides getting that off my chest, the real reason for this thread was to post this YouTube link to a segment of video that perfectly shows just how I feel about those god-dang commercials. It runs for about 30 seconds and the link starts at a specific spot of a larger clip (around 6:00). The rest of the clip is pretty funny too. Warning: There are a few uncensored curse words here & there.

Well anyway, here it is....

What I think about the whole "Mac vs PC" crap

• Like 1

Did you post this because Rockefeller and I are always bickering back and forth about Windows and PC? Lol. :)

Oh really? I didn't notice. Heh. Nah, I just thought it was funny and perfectly captured how I feel about the whole thing or even how I feel about people that go on & on about how bleeping great their computer is and how mine will never be....

Some Douchebag: "Oh yeah, it has a 40 gigawatt processor, 200 decabyte hard drive, a superflously over-clocked video card wi-"
Me: "I DON'T GIVE A S***!!!!"

Actually... it's iSheep. The "i" is lower case. ;)

Yeah. Here's a stupid question for ya. What the heck does the 'i' in iPad mean? Intelligent? Look at the Nintendo DS. You would think the 'DS' stands for "Dual Screen" but if you asked a Nintendo employee, they would say "Nope". One time someone said what it meant (I think) but I can't remember for the life of me really.

• Like 1

Been a PC guy nearly all my life. Then I switched to Mac's in 2009 and never looked back :) I'm also a programmer, and for my particular language that our shop uses ad the primary language (Ruby & ROR), OS X, or anything Unix/Linux is the preferred platform of choice to do our development on ;) My computer at home is also a Mac. And after I fixed my wife's PC for like the 20th time, I got her a nice iMac for xmas, and she is one happy wife. The only reason for me to switch back to a Windows machine, is if I need to do any .NET programming (which I did at previous company). But so far, it hasn't came to that.

• 1 month later...
Guest idunno101

Well.. people need to laugh more and I'm just trying to help! :)

Lol I laugh every time I look at your profile picture.

• Bold-Arrow changed the title to Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show