Ideas #038: 21330 - Home Alone

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #037?: 21239? - Home Alone McCallister's House
  • Alpinemaps pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

Question, anybody know the guidelines to posting pics of non-released LEGO sets online?  I know The Brick Shows channel was taken down because of that so I tread lightly when it comes to posting the HA house pics online.  Thanks!

A while ago a Brickpicker mod said on a similar situation it's not allowed to post a leaked image here but it's okay to post a link to leaked image posted on another website. Because then the other site is hosting the pic. 😉 

Like so:

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-ideas/eerste-afbeelding-lego-ideas-21330-mcallister-house-home-alone-gelekt/

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

Question, anybody know the guidelines to posting pics of non-released LEGO sets online?  I know The Brick Shows channel was taken down because of that so I tread lightly when it comes to posting the HA house pics online.  Thanks!

They don’t want them posted here on BPer, although I do. I wouldn’t risk posting them on your YouTube although Briqfoundation does and seems to get away with it. If you are not part of LAN, which you are not, as that is the main punishment getting kicked out of LAN I think at first you get a takedown warning. Instagram with a backup account seems to be the way to go and then link in bio to your YouTube channel. It is a risk/reward proposal if you posted them yesterday before first leaked image was up you would gain followers. 

Ed or Jeff will probably know the official rules.

• Like 1

The LEGO Company does not like images of sets being leaked before their own official press release. And they have been cracking down rather rough these past few years. The last something times anything was posted here, they contacted Ed & Jeff informing them to take down the content. I imagine if we do not comply then legal action could be brought towards the site. I am not sure if directly linking to the confidential content is considered any better.

With that said, I found a WalesOnline article uploaded just an hour ago.

1 hour ago, LegoSteve said:

the HA house

I did not realize this from shortening the set name. That's hilarious! A step even further would simply be HAH. It may not be the brilliance of Painting Easter Eggs, I'll take it.

• Like 4

Yep. We’re trying to follow the rules The LEGO Group has set out for the LAN - you can talk about it, but don’t post images.

You can post a link to another website (not the direct link to the image tho). You can also mention that it’s out on social media.

But we like Ed and Jeff and they don’t need to get those letters from LEGO.

• Like 1

• TheOrcKing changed the title to Ideas #038: 21330 - Home Alone McCallister's House
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #038: 21330 - Home Alone
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic