Comicblast from Chicago!

Hi guys, I never officially introduced myself, I just started posting random stuff and questions all of a sudden, so upon recommendation from some other members here, I decided to finally do it. I suppose I have never been in a "Dark Ages" since I am only 13 years old, it is hard not to have Legos somewhere in your life for less more than a couple months. My first sets were simple minibuilds with 2-3 minifigs and some of those Mars Mission and Jack Stone sets. Can't get enough of them! :) I found Brick Picker only about 2 months ago, right when I read the USA Today article that came to my hotel room door over winter break. When I read it, I was telling everyone that we visited how valuable Lego sets eventually were. Unfortunately, all they were interested in was how much money I had made, which was obviously $0 since I had just started the buying stage a couple months before this. Starting in September of 2012, I was spending hours on end, just searching all over eBay for any deal I could find. I literally spent at least 7 hours a day on a week end doing that. Sometimes I would run out of stuff to look at because I had seen everything! Now, I can't get enough of Brick Picker and Legos. My parents have started making me go to bed at around 10 pm at night because I spend too much time here, ogling at my boxed sets, or working on my Lego creations on my desk. As the title says, I am in Chicago, Illinois and would love to talk with anyone located in the Chicago area or anyone else who wants to talk about Lego-ing in general!!! Please either post below or PM me if you aren't comfortable with everyone seeing! Happy Bricking, comicblast

• Like 1

I was about your age when I got out of Lego. It just happens. Sports, girls, then cars, you name it. Luckily my parents kept all my Lego and gave it to me a few years ago. Then, my son got a Plo Koon's Starfighter for Christmas 2 years ago and I was hooked again. I couldn't believe what they were making these days. We broke out all my old sets but he thought they were lame so we sold them on ebay and bought new sets to play with. About a year ago, I started to realize the benefits to investing, and the rest is history. For someone young like yourself, you now have the foresight to keep with it and can make some serious money since you are starting so young. Keep doing what makes you happy because we're all here doing the same thing, some of us just older than others.

Thanks, Fcbarcelona101, Huskers1236, Ed, Emes, Blackjack, and Maverick2k1 for your encouragement! Really appreciate it! In terms of my "quality reviews and posts" as Ed put it, I have been very careful to make sure that all my reviews and posts have good spelling and grammar as English and Language Arts is one of my sore subjects. :) Any other "young" investors that are younger than 18 on here?

Yeah man I am a little late to chime in here but your posts seem very very mature.....if i had to guess your age from your post i would have guessed you were 25 -30. Good job man keep up the great posts!!

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I must seem very mature to you all! :)

Thanks, Fcbarcelona101, Huskers1236, Ed, Emes, Blackjack, and Maverick2k1 for your encouragement! Really appreciate it! In terms of my "quality reviews and posts" as Ed put it, I have been very careful to make sure that all my reviews and posts have good spelling and grammar as English and Language Arts is one of my sore subjects. :) Any other "young" investors that are younger than 18 on here?

Proper grammar and spelling is very important on the forums. It helps give a little more 'credence' to one's posts.

• 3 months later...

Welcome back!. I actually thought you were gone for good.

Yes, sorry about that misunderstanding. My parents and I were pretty shocked with my worst-ever grade on a progress report/report card. So, I hit the books for 1 month and was able to pull up my Geometry grade up to a B!! I have to say, I am thoroughly excited about that, as I learned of this only a few hours ago.

BTW, Ed and Jeff, you guys have done a great job here on BrickPicker. I'm not sure if it has just been such a shock since I've been gone for a whole month, but BrickPicker has skyrocketed in awesomeness!!! 

Yeah man I am a little late to chime in here but your posts seem very very mature.....if i had to guess your age from your post i would have guessed you were 25 -30. Good job man keep up the great posts!!

Im just going to make it a habit of liking your stuff since I almost always agree with it. Even when I agree with others who have said the same thing I'm just gonna like yours hah

Welcome back CB. I hope you got to BrickWorld this weekend! It was awesome.

Hey Quacs, Etan, and TOK,

Good to be back. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Brickworld. I've been trying to find a "con" similar to ComicCon, that is based nearer to Chicago, and Brickworld would have been a great one, and I am thoroughly disappointed that I didn't make it. I was just too busy, though I did take some time and watch parts of the Podcast done by Beyond the Brick. The Sydney Opera House looks surprisingly good!