Let's see your lego city layout!

House Schubert

On 5/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, StLBrian said:

Yeah, I was disappointed when Power Functions were officially discontinued at the end of 2020. Since then the prices for all the components have gone through the roof. We got the Powered Up green diesel and it seems to drain the batteries far quicker than any of our Power Functions trains. My son does love the sounds though...

I think I am going to switch to 9v and put copper tape on all the rails... I just get so tired of the battery changing!

• 7 months later...
59 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Man, Time marches on. 8 months since the last post.

I’m going to focus on the happy fact that it doesn’t look exactly the same. As opposed to focusing on the unhappy fact that it’s not as far along as I would like!

Here’s where we sit today. Next step is to build the plywood riser for the back portion that the trains run under. Cross your fingers on that happening next week!

image.jpg

noice!

For folks w/ shelves high near the ceiling; have anyone thought about using clear acrylic panels to mitigate dust.  Because the shelf is so close to the ceiling basically 3 sides of the "box" taken care of which makes it cost effective. 

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

noice!

For folks w/ shelves high near the ceiling; have anyone thought about using clear acrylic panels to mitigate dust.  Because the shelf is so close to the ceiling basically 3 sides of the "box" taken care of which makes it cost effective. 

Well, I’ve done a lot of thinking about dust, air purifiers air,  scrubbers, etc.  I think the trouble is that the kind of dust that builds up on Lego models Is light enough to stay suspended in the air nearly indefinitely. Which means that unless you have it in a nearly sealed box, it’s going to collect. 

• 1 month later...

Spent 3 hours on the city today... progress is progress!  Anyone else have work to show off? I would love to see it and steal and idea or two!

currently I am thinking of making a city of castles.  Like a city, but instead of modular buildings, it's castles... "See, It's a "Jump" to conclusions game"

IMG_4233.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1