10278 - Police Station

House Schubert

StoneWars: New modular will be $199 and around 3000 pieces. The YouTube reveal video from Lego tags the set as "lego police station" https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-10278-modular-building/

When creating such a live stream, LEGO allows, like any other YouTube video, to store so-called "tags" that provide the video with keywords that help the YouTube algorithms to classify the video content. At the time this article was published, LEGO added the following tags to it:

LEGO, LEGOS, LEGO sets, LEGO build, LEGO make, LEGO animation, LEGO series, Black Friday, Showcase, LEGO sets 2020, exclusive lego 2020, lego live, black Friday lego, lego colosseum, lego colosseum build, lego designer interview, lego modular build

That in itself would not be so exciting and the last catchphrase would only reveal that the “Exclusive Reveal” actually means the LEGO 10278 Modular Building for 2021. However, until a few hours ago, the following day was still there, but it has now been removed:

lego police station

Since LEGO has now removed this catchphrase, we are sure that it probably "accidentally" ended up there and shouldn't have been there. Or it was simply not clear to LEGO that these keywords were publicly available to everyone in advance. Based on that, we would now speculate with confidence: The LEGO 10278 Modular Building will become a police station.

We will probably get all further information about the set on Friday, November 27th at 4 p.m. when LEGO officially presents the set in the stream. We assume that at the same time (or one hour in advance) a press release on the new modular building will go online and that we can present the set to you in detail here on the blog.

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

StoneWars: New modular will be $199 and around 3000 pieces. The YouTube reveal video from Lego tags the set as "lego police station" https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-10278-modular-building/

Since you beat me to the punch, do you want to make the thread for 10278? 

what’s the damn odds that it’s a police station after all the **** LEGO did with the police sets this year? 

5 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I’m iffy. They were fairly confident in the Treehouse retiring as well. 😂

That's not StoneWars' fault. The Treehouse WAS retiring this year, LEGO just extended the run time. Nobody could have known. 

6 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

You’re not happy with the Bookstore? 😂

A bookstore isn't a library.

If it is a police station, I would expect the Fire House to jump in value, one of which I don't have. I also don't have a detective's office or BB or any of the other older modulars, so I would be okay with this. If it is a police station, I wonder what era of police they are going with? There hasn't really been a high-tech modular building, so making it stand apart from the DO would be important if it is a Police Office.

By any means, Police Office and Italian Townhome are VERY different rumors.

7 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

But was it though? I think they tossed a dart on that one hoping it would hit. 

I was told a couple of months ago by someone at LEGO that it was retiring as well.  But LEGO can and will change things.  Remember when LEGO put out the press release saying that EOL dates for sets were not going to be changed due to covid-19?  I guess LEGO changed their mind.

1 minute ago, exracer327 said:

I was told a couple of months ago by someone at LEGO that it was retiring as well.  But LEGO can and will change things.  Remember when LEGO put out the press release saying that EOL dates for sets were not going to be changed due to covid-19?  I guess LEGO changed their mind.

IT still may be retiring.......

although I still cant figure out where the 1k sets amazon had available last week went to :( 

• Like 1