Huge Bulk Lot of "Girl Lego" at a Consignment Shop

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but I really wanted to share my recent find with some other Lego lovers.  While on vacation visiting family I visited a kids consignment shop with my aunt.  She noticed a huge container of lego and pointed it out.  I talked to the staff and they were planning on sorting it out and selling it in a Facebook auction around Black Friday.  They didn't seem willing to sell it that day so after buying other awesome stuff for my daughter we left.  I thought about those lego for the next week and shortly before we left the state I gave the store a call and asked again if they'd be willing to sell it all at once.  They agreed!  I was able to get this lot for only $300!  They're all "girl" lego like Disney, Elves and Friends.  I haven't bought a bulk lot in roughly 7 years and didn't have any of these sets.  There were around 17 lbs of manuals included which show over 80 sets. The rest of the lego weighs over 65 lbs and not pictured is roughly 4 lbs of megablock/off brand and other toys.  There's over 50 complete minigures and pieces of a dozen more.  From what I've priced out, the sets that the manuals include are valued at $1600 currently so even if I have to spend a few hundred in missing pieces I still got a great deal!  I'm also pretty excited for my daughter to get to play with these one day (she's only 20 months so we're still in duplo for the moment). Some of the notable sets include the Frozen castle, Friends airplane, treehouse, camper and cruise boat.

126259552_816235172509008_6720487889139379313_n.jpg

• Like 4

I based my values off of the recent sold listings (lower end) so it's like that the lot is worth well over 2k.  There were several elves manuals but since I don't plan on reselling these sets it really doesn't matter.  Just excited to add quite a bit to my collection and missing the brickfolio to be able to track that appropriately.

That's a nice haul! Friends is a hilarious line to me because it can be like gold New-in-Box but it's a great way to get cheap bricks once they are open. I've been buying up some bulk lots for my daughter (almost four). She absolutely loves building random things with the basic bricks and also helping me assemble sets and with Juniors/4+ stuff doing it by herself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

That's a nice haul! Friends is a hilarious line to me because it can be like gold New-in-Box but it's a great way to get cheap bricks once they are open. I've been buying up some bulk lots for my daughter (almost four). She absolutely loves building random things with the basic bricks and also helping me assemble sets and with Juniors/4+ stuff doing it by herself. 

A lot of these pieces I've never seen before so this should be pretty interesting!

11 hours ago, keymomachine said:

my daughter was like this too initially but honestly she grew out of the Friends stuff pretty quickly...

I have a similar bulk lot waiting to be dug into but not sure when we'll ever look at it.  

the variety of colors used in the theme is refreshing though esp when you've been used to looking looking at blacks and grays all day with Star Wars.

• Like 2