42123 - McLaren Senna GTR

zaphoid

Brickset has an article about it here

I'm not a Technic person, but all of the open space (especially in the hood) of some of these models just doesn't make it appealing. I know that it is supposed to represent the recessed areas, but I don't think empty space is effective for it. Price point definitely lets more people display these supercars, however. 

42123-1.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

Brickset has an article about it here

I'm not a Technic person, but all of the open space (especially in the hood) of some of these models just doesn't make it appealing. I know that it is supposed to represent the recessed areas, but I don't think empty space is effective for it. Price point definitely lets more people display these supercars, however. 

At least the McLaren actually looks like the car it is supposed to represent.  The Corvette missed by a long shot.  In fact, if you read reviews of the corvette it appears that a good portion of people were getting the set to build the Hot Rod (alternate build) which looks much better than the Corvette.  Shame the alternate instructions don't come with the set and are only available via download.

Steering knob on the roof of the McLaren.  That was one of the complaints against the Corvette - working steering but only via the steering wheel inside the car.

3 hours ago, exracer327 said:

At least the McLaren actually looks like the car it is supposed to represent.  The Corvette missed by a long shot.  In fact, if you read reviews of the corvette it appears that a good portion of people were getting the set to build the Hot Rod (alternate build) which looks much better than the Corvette.  Shame the alternate instructions don't come with the set and are only available via download.

Steering knob on the roof of the McLaren.  That was one of the complaints against the Corvette - working steering but only via the steering wheel inside the car.

I think the corvette was spot on...it's supposed to look like a corvette that rear ended the Mack Anthem right?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I wanted to hate the Charger with this steering aspect, but the top steering makes it immensely more playable and fun.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 42123 - McLaren Senna GTR
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...