Questionable Purchase? Am I paranoid, or are these red flags?

rpaulson7

I received an email from a person via my BL store.  Person wanted a shipping quote on one set.  I gave the quote. Then they came back and said apparently my store states I won't ship to North Carolina, they copied and pasted a note that the person was getting message "Seller does not support orders shipping to North Carolina."  I checked my settings, and didn't see anything that would reflect that, and I'd just made other sales within the US.

So we agreed to pay outside the website store (via Paypal invoice) and then I'd ship the order.  And again the person stated that my store states that I don't ship to any US state. {Note: I haven't received any orders over the weekend to be able to validate if this is true or not.}

The person paid via a Paypal invoice, and as I'm packing up the set, I started to get a funny feeling.

The person's Paypal account name (email address) is something to the effect of "daddys little girl."  But the person emailing me has the name Quentin.  And then they wanted me to ship it to a person named Stephen.  Now, people can identify however they want but Quentin and Stephen are likely not daddys little girl.

They also requested twice no packing slip in the box. 

So now I emailed the person, requesting that before I ship the item I'd like to know their BL user name so I can check out their feedback rating.  I'll see what I get back.

Thoughts on all of this?

Ok. Daddy's Girl is likely a drop-shipper. I have no doubt the transaction will work out fine for you. Various Daddy's Girl usernames/accounts have been banned on eBay and Bricklink due to harrassing sellers and violating policies. So, that is probably why there is something weird happening with the shipping here.

Source: Sold to "Daddy's Girl" several times a few years ago.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

I received an email from a person via my BL store.  Person wanted a shipping quote on one set.  I gave the quote. Then they came back and said apparently my store states I won't ship to North Carolina, they copied and pasted a note that the person was getting message "Seller does not support orders shipping to North Carolina."  I checked my settings, and didn't see anything that would reflect that, and I'd just made other sales within the US.
So we agreed to pay outside the website store (via Paypal invoice) and then I'd ship the order.  And again the person stated that my store states that I don't ship to any US state. {Note: I haven't received any orders over the weekend to be able to validate if this is true or not.}
The person paid via a Paypal invoice, and as I'm packing up the set, I started to get a funny feeling.
The person's Paypal account name (email address) is something to the effect of "daddys little girl."  But the person emailing me has the name Quentin.  And then they wanted me to ship it to a person named Stephen.  Now, people can identify however they want but Quentin and Stephen are likely not daddys little girl.
So now I emailed the person, requesting that before I ship the item I'd like to know their BL user name so I can check out their feedback rating.  I'll see what I get back.
Thoughts on all of this?

If you want me to check out your store to validate the “will not ship to xxxxx state” claim, DM me your store name and I’ll take a look.

Thoughts on all of this?

giphy.gif

I feel like there’s a strong correlation between his PayPal handle and OnlyFans user name. Tell him to send you a pic!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pdr507 said:

Do you have PayPal Onsite/Marketplace enabled as a payment method for your store? As of Nov 12, North Carolina has been added to the list of BL collected sales tax states.

I don't think so.  I've verified that the same message appears for users in California and Minnesota.  Are those states on this list?

Also, I put in a Help Desk request. 

2 hours ago, pdr507 said:

Do you have PayPal Onsite/Marketplace enabled as a payment method for your store? As of Nov 12, North Carolina has been added to the list of BL collected sales tax states.

This was the solution to the "won't ship to your state" issue.  I had to set up an Onsite payment system.  Their Help Desk told me the same thing. 

Thank you!

Edited by rpaulson7
  • Like 1