10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1

Lobot

• Darth_Raichu changed the title to 10274 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1
5 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Figured this was gonna happen. Just wish it were based on the original and not another one of the reboot films.

those rust marks might be stickers...

Quite frankly the fact it has the gunner seat makes it an A+ in my book

no minifigures means the smaller set will make a nice run as well 

I think it is. But it’s appearance seems to reflect the one from the new movie, I.e., all of the rust (potentially stickers). 

either way it’s gonna be cool. Wonder why no mini figs though? 

Well the Reitman film is essentially GB3, so that works. Hopefully the rust is stickers so I can ignore them and show it off “in its prime”

I wonder if they originally planned for minis but pulled them since the film got delayed? They can always put the minis with any sets they do.
  • Like 1

....I think my inner child just exploded. :swoon:

18 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Well the Reitman film is essentially GB3, so that works. Hopefully the rust is stickers so I can ignore them and show it off “in its prime”

If Ghostbusters: The Video Game is not somehow retconned then technically Afterlife would be part four story-wise. And I am fairly certain all of that 'rust' is stickers. I can only spot a few of the same piece type sharing similar decals. However there is much variation between part type & decal design for the rest of aforementioned rust. With that said hopefully the Ghostbusters logo and license plates are printed. Those appear to be one-piece flat surfaces throughout.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hansolo55 said:

Hopefully the rust is applied via stickers. If so you can just leave those off and it should be a nice replica from the original films 😀

I think this is one of the rare sets where we are hoping for stickers in a few areas.

Never thought the day would come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Super disappointing we don't get steering (ala ford mustang) at this price point. 

It does have steering. From the description:

Based on the Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie version, this ECTO-1 model features working steering, a trapdoor, ghost trap, an extending rear gunner seat, proton pack and cool details from the original car such as the iconic Ghostbusters logo.

It also shows the steering mechanism in one of the product photos.

e7f05c765de77ef76cb7168cb0a5da32.jpg
  • Like 3

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10274 - Ghostbusters ECTO-1