Zavvi Return

doejaster

Has anyone had any luck doing a return with Zavvi?  My order of of a single 31109 arrived in a thin cardboard box that had seen better days.  The set is severely crushed along an entire side and front.  One of the seals is ripped open.  I decided I'd rather just return it.  

At first Zavvi wanted to offer me 20% off to keep it, but I declined.  Then they sent me a return slipped that marked it as being returned as "unwanted" instead of the "damaged on arrival" option clearly on the slip.  Unwanted meant the item had to come back in "like new" condition.  After working with them to correct the form, I went to return and noticed the return address is in the UK.  I'm in Ohio.  They will refund return shipping cost up to 15% of the item's value.  There isn't a way to return the item without spending more on shipping it back then is worth the hassle.  

Anyone else encounter this or have any hopeful resolutions?  This is my second Zavvi purchase--first was just perfect--but might easily be my last.

Has anyone had any luck doing a return with Zavvi?  My order of of a single 31109 arrived in a thin cardboard box that had seen better days.  The set is severely crushed along an entire side and front.  One of the seals is ripped open.  I decided I'd rather just return it.  
At first Zavvi wanted to offer me 20% off to keep it, but I declined.  Then they sent me a return slipped that marked it as being returned as "unwanted" instead of the "damaged on arrival" option clearly on the slip.  Unwanted meant the item had to come back in "like new" condition.  After working with them to correct the form, I went to return and noticed the return address is in the UK.  I'm in Ohio.  They will refund return shipping cost up to 15% of the item's value.  There isn't a way to return the item without spending more on shipping it back then is worth the hassle.  
Anyone else encounter this or have any hopeful resolutions?  This is my second Zavvi purchase--first was just perfect--but might easily be my last.

It took me more than 6 weeks to get fully refunded from my disaster that showed up in august, when it’s good it’s good, but it’s a complete nightmare dealing with their customer service and to say they are incompetent is an understatement...best form of comms IMO is Facebook messenger...
  • Like 1