75318 - The Child

HandyHand

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I like the fan model also.  However I do like how the Lego -made version has smooth insides to his ears, not the back of plates like the fan model.  That's the only thing that stands out to me.

I can't get over that huge rectangle in the middle of the Lego version.  Maybe the original author can make some adjustments to his and improve the ears and maybe make them move.

37 minutes ago, KShine said:

I actually like the inside of the ears being the inside of a brick - It isn't trying to not appear to be made of lego, so to me it just looks natural.

I continually go back and forth on wanting things to look like they are build by Lego, but I entirely agree in this case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mandalorian Merc ...feels like we are about to be awash by a tidal wave of it.

Do folks think it's just the beginning and consumers will gobble it up (and ask for more) as the show continues in its popularity?

Or will saturation hit and the merch (good and bad) end up being shunned causing under-performance across the board with so much shelf competition?

Right now, for The Child, I see the main players as LEGO, Funko, and variations of the plush and animatronics versions...the plush I saw at Costco and Amazon already discounting.  I guess we'll know a lot more about the shopping season as Prime Days hit mid month...and how the timing correlates w/ government bill passing (or not).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

This one isnt getting a lot of love, even at half off, and rakuten at 10%. Am i missing something? Good sales rank, I know that its been out a while, but still....

Every single retailer has had it on massive discount. Long production. Large size.

Fee's on this at msrp are 25$, you can't fit much more than 10 to a box. Average shipping probably 18$. You are looking at 15$ profit each. There is some money there but given the amount of work to store these and risk of a single return killing a boxes profit its tough. The IP is pretty much dead so unless there is a new show coming out I'm not aware of this year may be its last hurrah.

4 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Every single retailer has had it on massive discount. Long production. Large size.

Fee's on this at msrp are 25$, you can't fit much more than 10 to a box. Average shipping probably 18$. You are looking at 15$ profit each. There is some money there but given the amount of work to store these and risk of a single return killing a boxes profit its tough. The IP is pretty much dead so unless there is a new show coming out I'm not aware of this year may be its last hurrah.

Well!

91IxOGfmVbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fee's on this at msrp are 25$, you can't fit much more than 10 to a box >>>>>  Exactly 11 Fit into 24 x 20 x 21 HD Boxes.

Average shipping probably 18$ >>>>>>  $19 for me to ship to Amazon

You are looking at 15$ profit each >>> At a $75 sales price it nets $54 after fees. With a $39 buyin (if yo uknow what youre doing) thats a $15 return on $39, or about 40%. And thats with a BELOW MSRP resale price of 75.

The IP is pretty much dead so unless there is a new show coming out I'm not aware of this year may be its last hurrah.>>> Mando season 4 coming out next year

To me, the main risk is amazon will likely hoard this for at least a year.........

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Fee's on this at msrp are 25$, you can't fit much more than 10 to a box >>>>>  Exactly 11 Fit into 24 x 20 x 21 HD Boxes.

Average shipping probably 18$ >>>>>>  $19 for me to ship to Amazon

You are looking at 15$ profit each >>> At a $75 sales price it nets $54 after fees. With a $39 buyin (if yo uknow what youre doing) thats a $15 return on $39, or about 40%. And thats with a BELOW MSRP resale price of 75.

The IP is pretty much dead so unless there is a new show coming out I'm not aware of this year may be its last hurrah.>>> Mando season 4 coming out next year

To me, the main risk is amazon will likely hoard this for at least a year.........

I understand your math is more by the books however I purposely use bad napkin math to help account for externalities.  The math you provided is what I'd like to call "youtube seller math". You are not accounting for storage fee's, both during the year and during selling season. Ignoring any rate hikes (which are likely). Returns, remakes (maybe they add a tiny animal o.O), box costs, Amazon.

If we look at any the walmart technic items as a example there are something like 250 resellers on those listings already and I'm sure there are many thousands with more to go. Those haven't been discounted nearly as much, pack more efficiently, and sold out faster. 

It's not strictly a bad bet. It's just not as good as it seems. Oh these also have no limit on walmart re-orders. The technics did have a limit. Food for thought.

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

I understand your math is more by the books however I purposely use bad napkin math to help account for externalities.  The math you provided is what I'd like to call "youtube seller math". You are not accounting for storage fee's, both during the year and during selling season. Ignoring any rate hikes (which are likely). Returns, remakes (maybe they add a tiny animal o.O), box costs, Amazon.

If we look at any the walmart technic items as a example there are something like 250 resellers on those listings already and I'm sure there are many thousands with more to go. Those haven't been discounted nearly as much, pack more efficiently, and sold out faster. 

It's not strictly a bad bet. It's just not as good as it seems. Oh these also have no limit on walmart re-orders. The technics did have a limit. Food for thought.

Storage fees are rough. I have free storage atm. I utilize JIT inventory so not much amazon fees in that way. Don't see why there would be a remake so quick, highly unlikely, and way better candidates out there. Maybe you are correct. We shall see. I like this one outside of amazon potentially hoarding it..

• Like 1