Problem with 75095 Tie Fighter

DannyEvilAlone

Hi folks, first time posting here. I've been playing the reseller game for some time now and recently a weird situation happened. A few days ago I sold MISB 75095 Tie Fighter (which I bought few years ago from LEGO Shop at Home) and yesterday buyer sent me a message saying that there were no stickers and some plastic bags were dated 2011 while some were dated 2015 which is extremely weird considering the set was released in 2015. He sent me this picture:

88a707b1-a326-4f26-ae8a-595699011d46.jfif

Unfortunately, I don't know whether the set is complete and the only real issue are the missing stickers.

I wonder if this is possible or he's simply trying to find an excuse to return the set after openning it. Has anyone encountered similar problem? I remember some 10197 Fire Brigade production runs missing entire bags with bricks but bags with different dates (with some of them dating several years before the set was even released)? Is this even possible?

34 minutes ago, cladner said:

only problem with 75095 is i didn't buy enough when they were on the $150 perma sale.

That didn't become a problem until COVID. Before that it was a stagnating turd for nearly 3 years. Before this I would have traded every 75095 I grabbed on clearance for it's equivalent value of 75211's I grabbed on clearance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DannyEvilAlone said:

Here's the picture:

88a707b1-a326-4f26-ae8a-595699011d46-1.j

Bags being of different types (white line in the center has (c) 2015) and the white-outlined numbered one has several copyright dates, including (c) 2011) is not an issue. LEGO switched over to the new bag type in 2015/2016 but still to this day has leftovers of the 2011 bags which they will mix in.

Regarding the sticker sheet - that would be a problem, as there are only 2 US based sellers on Bricklink, with the cheapest selling a sheet of stickers for $40 before shipping. So before offering up to send them a replacement sheet, I would:

a) Ask them to check the inside of the box and the manuals carefully, as these sheets are often loose in the box or with the manuals in a separate plastic bag.

b) Ask your buyer to call LEGO CS to see if they can send them a replacement sticker sheet - or if you are uncomfortable to ask, since you were the original buyer, call LEGO CS yourself.

• Like 3

Ok, thanks for reply.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Bags being of different types (white line in the center has (c) 2015) and the white-outlined numbered one has several copyright dates, including (c) 2011) is not an issue. LEGO switched over to the new bag type in 2015/2016 but still to this day has leftovers of the 2011 bags which they will mix in.

Funny I never noticed this. I must check it out while building next set :)

On 8/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, Phil B said:

b) Ask your buyer to call LEGO CS to see if they can send them a replacement sticker sheet - or if you are uncomfortable to ask, since you were the original buyer, call LEGO CS yourself.

If it helps any, I was successful in getting a full sheet of stickers from Lego CS in the UK when found missing from the Hogwarts Castle set 😀. The buyer should be able to fill out the forms no trouble.