Confirmed recent production sets

Looks like the Mexico plant is cranking out plastic bits again as I'm starting to see a number of scarce sets arriving with recent R manufacturing codes.

I thought it might be good to post what we've seen recently.  I'm putting this in the EOL area since some of these sets were thought to be EOL.  Just because there was a recent production doesn't mean it has years or weeks left in it, but at least we know which sets we might expect to start to show up again.  Or which sets my not come with with EU restickers again.

10261 Roller Coaster, 23R0, from LEGO

21317 Steamboat Willie, 22R0, from Amazon

Edited by TheBrickClique
  • Like 1

Glad to hear.  I don't like those stickers.  It feels more authentic and natural when it's printed on the box.  I collect some Ideas sets I wouldn't want one held in my collection with a sticker on it when none of the others do.  To build, I could care less either way. 

2 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Looks like the Mexico plant is cranking out plastic bits again as I'm starting to see a number of scarce sets arriving with recent R manufacturing codes.

I thought it might be good to post what we've seen recently.  I'm putting this in the EOL area since some of these sets were thought to be EOL.  Just because there was a recent production doesn't mean it has years or weeks left in it, but at least we know which sets we might expect to start to show up again.  Or which sets my not come with with EU restickers again.

It has been aired before that Kladno, CZE, EU factory is supplying and stepping in to cover the outages from Mexico plant. The workers in Kladno (production) have different palets for storing the EU stuff.. and US stuff.. what you do not know is that the workforce / labor simply does not catch up.. they have extra shift.. BUT obviously they are rewarded for extra "input" by receiving new sealed sets (with some totally minor damage that you would simply not even register) for FREE as a THANK YOU for your hard work - these sets even get an extra sticker from some cheap inkjet based printer saying "we thank you + LEGO logo"..  and most of these (being given away) are 75954 .. so go and make your assumptions regarding that fact. I got 6 in my hands in last three days with the same "thank you" sticker.. all of them priced beyond wild guesses (if its free you do not simply care what your costs are. )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Was your 10261 a pre-order?  I've been wanting to snag one of these for personal build for a while now but due to outages have been unsuccessful.  Lego in US shows it as OOS

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I've been browsing other country Lego at home sites (primarily Europe) and seems like over the pond a lot of sets are either available now or on back order till early/mid July unlike here in the US.  What gives?  I'm guessing (probably incorrectly) that demand is much higher here for the larger sets like Haunted House, Falcon, Death Star, Pirates Barracuda, etc... mostly cause I'm kicking myself for not getting some of them before all hell broke loose (although I've been partly broke and saving up...).  Anyway, I wonder what factors go into Lego moving stock from other countries over here and what are the odds of that continuing to happen and on what sets.  Or is it a moot point with production gearing up again over at this end?  Even then, there's always the balance between producing new sets Vs older ones and some inevitably will just end up retiring without much availability before that...

LEGO store mgr told me that large sets in USA might be iffy through the end of the year, but that was nearly a month ago when Mexico was just coming back online.  

They also said LEGO was going to focus on new products instead of that which is ending or continuing into next year.  So they weren't even sure what product they were going to have in store past this summer. 

When I last spoke to them, which was a week or two ago, they were basically out of all large sets in store.  (Everything >$60, except the Disney Train and Vader's Castle).  Since NJ still isn't allowing people into malls, etc. they don't expect to have any new product in store for another week or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have  no idea what the criteria for "confirmed recent production sets" are.. but let me tell you that I have been taken aghast by a wave of new, sealed City sets on local classifieds (all retired in 2016/2017) for cca 70 % of the original local RRP.. ALL SEALED, ALL within 20 km radius from LEGO Kladno Factory.. I bought some of them.. all bearing a sticker "thank you  - a symbol of red bricks-assembled heart and yellow minifig - cheap inkkjet print stickers.

I dunno.. what is more probable.. that someone from factory workers (more than one). suddenly needs to flip its box after 3 yrs holding it (and still below local RRP).. OR.. that the factory got some not-so-perfect sealed sets stored away and rewarded the shift workers for their exceptional work during the "virus period".. ? .. I take the B.. that the factory had these sets stored away. Why? I have no idea.. but the option A simply does not compute with the deductive logics, behavior of factory workers, their savings (etc).. improbable listings of the same retired set number from several source each below RRP..  

Edited by crayxlp

Confirmed recent production sets just means we are seeing some sets in the wild that were made in the factories in the last month. The seal codes provide the workweek, factory, and year of the manufacture. ‘R’ is the Mexico plant that supplies most of North America. While it was down, we were getting sets from across the pond that were being relabeled and resold here. Because of the shortage, it wasn’t clear which sets were gone for good perhaps, which were coming from Europe, which were old stock, or which were from newly-injected productions from the rebooted Mexico plant. 
For me, if I see a set is coming out of Mexico recently, I expect a lot of resellers are probably getting their hands on them now. So I’ll just store it away — it’s either not retiring yet or there is going to be a new race to the bottom between the quick flippers. Either way, I can wait. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I have  no idea what the criteria for "confirmed recent production sets" are.. but let me tell you that I have been taken aghast by a wave of new, sealed City sets on local classifieds (all retired in 2016/2017) for cca 70 % of the original local RRP.. ALL SEALED, ALL within 20 km radius from LEGO Kladno Factory.. I bought some of them.. all bearing a sticker "thank you  - a symbol of red bricks-assembled heart and yellow minifig - cheap inkkjet print stickers.

I dunno.. what is more probable.. that someone from factory workers (more than one). suddenly needs to flip its box after 3 yrs holding it (and still below local RRP).. OR.. that the factory got some not-so-perfect sealed sets stored away and rewarded the shift workers for their exceptional work during the "virus period".. ? .. I take the B.. that the factory had these sets stored away. Why? I have no idea.. but the option A simply does not compute with the deductive logics, behavior of factory workers, their savings (etc).. improbable listings of the same retired set number from several source each below RRP..  

Do you live near Kladno? Or do you purchase those sets on Aukro?

Swung by my local Target and noticed lego aisle was not as barren as before.  Checked a few stickers out:

- Had a bunch of these 75214 Anakin Star Fighter and 75234 AT-PT w/ 24R0

- 75235 Swing Star Figher Trench Run w/ 25R0

- 76120 Batman Batwing and Riddler Heist w/ 23R0

- 75273 Poe Fighter w/ 18S0

- 31097 Townhouse Pet Shop + Cafe w/ 21S0

- These had no numbers that I could find: Kyle Ren Shuttle and various smaller Harry Potter sets

FYI, none had the larger sticker indicating that it was brought in from another country

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

what does 425SO mean?

It was made during the 425th week of 2020 in Kladno. Your box is from the future, specifically the week of 2/20/2028.

Please let us know which set this is, so we can avoid it... as they already have 8 years of supply ready for it.

My assumption is it is the 10220 T1 Camper Van

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

It was made during the 425th week of 2020 in Kladno. Your box is from the future, specifically the week of 2/20/2028.

Please let us know which set this is, so we can avoid it... as they already have 8 years of supply ready for it.

lool, its potter quidditch

sell, sell, sell....

Edited by joneyyy1981

24 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I’ll patiently wait for the 20 yr anniversary edition of that set then...

Party pooper mode: It’s the 4th day of the 25th week in CZ in 2020

11 minutes ago, Kekskrabbe said:

Party pooper mode: It’s the 4th day of the 25th week in CZ in 2020

And, if the code has the 5-digit factory/date code, then there is likely another number that seems to be a unique serial number.  Off topic from this thread, but if we used our collective data mining capabilities here, we might be able to determine if there is a regular sequence here -- i.e. do they all start with zero, increase linearly with production, is it a separate sequence per factory, is there a checksum digit or is it just the raw production unit number, etc...  If there is a predictable sequence here, then it should be possible to determine production quantities -- may be useful to some for determining under/over-produced sets for investment opportunities.

Just now, TheBrickClique said:

And, if the code has the 5-digit factory/date code, then there is likely another number that seems to be a unique serial number.  Off topic from this thread, but if we used our collective data mining capabilities here, we might be able to determine if there is a regular sequence here -- i.e. do they all start with zero, increase linearly with production, is it a separate sequence per factory, is there a checksum digit or is it just the raw production unit number, etc...  If there is a predictable sequence here, then it should be possible to determine production quantities -- may be useful to some for determining under/over-produced sets for investment opportunities.

Although, I might add that I'm also weary that these numbers could be used by LEGO SAH to track resellers -- I'm blurring out any codes in my online listings just in case they know which sets were shipped to whom...