Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looks like the Mexico plant is cranking out plastic bits again as I'm starting to see a number of scarce sets arriving with recent R manufacturing codes.

I thought it might be good to post what we've seen recently.  I'm putting this in the EOL area since some of these sets were thought to be EOL.  Just because there was a recent production doesn't mean it has years or weeks left in it, but at least we know which sets we might expect to start to show up again.  Or which sets my not come with with EU restickers again.

10261 Roller Coaster, 23R0, from LEGO

21317 Steamboat Willie, 22R0, from Amazon

Edited by TheBrickClique
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear.  I don't like those stickers.  It feels more authentic and natural when it's printed on the box.  I collect some Ideas sets I wouldn't want one held in my collection with a sticker on it when none of the others do.  To build, I could care less either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

couldn't it just be they are making what was planned before the virus hit? be interesting to see what is made now in the euro plants..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Looks like the Mexico plant is cranking out plastic bits again as I'm starting to see a number of scarce sets arriving with recent R manufacturing codes.

I thought it might be good to post what we've seen recently.  I'm putting this in the EOL area since some of these sets were thought to be EOL.  Just because there was a recent production doesn't mean it has years or weeks left in it, but at least we know which sets we might expect to start to show up again.  Or which sets my not come with with EU restickers again.

10261 Roller Coaster, 23R0, from LEGO

21317 Steamboat Willie, 22R0, from Amazon

It has been aired before that Kladno, CZE, EU factory is supplying and stepping in to cover the outages from Mexico plant. The workers in Kladno (production) have different palets for storing the EU stuff.. and US stuff.. what you do not know is that the workforce / labor simply does not catch up.. they have extra shift.. BUT obviously they are rewarded for extra "input" by receiving new sealed sets (with some totally minor damage that you would simply not even register) for FREE as a THANK YOU for your hard work - these sets even get an extra sticker from some cheap inkjet based printer saying "we thank you + LEGO logo"..  and most of these (being given away) are 75954 .. so go and make your assumptions regarding that fact. I got 6 in my hands in last three days with the same "thank you" sticker.. all of them priced beyond wild guesses (if its free you do not simply care what your costs are. )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Looks like the Mexico plant is cranking out plastic bits again as I'm starting to see a number of scarce sets arriving with recent R manufacturing codes.

I thought it might be good to post what we've seen recently.  I'm putting this in the EOL area since some of these sets were thought to be EOL.  Just because there was a recent production doesn't mean it has years or weeks left in it, but at least we know which sets we might expect to start to show up again.  Or which sets my not come with with EU restickers again.

10261 Roller Coaster, 23R0, from LEGO

21317 Steamboat Willie, 22R0, from Amazon

Was your 10261 a pre-order?  I've been wanting to snag one of these for personal build for a while now but due to outages have been unsuccessful.  Lego in US shows it as OOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Was your 10261 a pre-order?  I've been wanting to snag one of these for personal build for a while now but due to outages have been unsuccessful.  Lego in US shows it as OOS

Yes. Ordered when it was still available as a back order. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I've been browsing other country Lego at home sites (primarily Europe) and seems like over the pond a lot of sets are either available now or on back order till early/mid July unlike here in the US.  What gives?  I'm guessing (probably incorrectly) that demand is much higher here for the larger sets like Haunted House, Falcon, Death Star, Pirates Barracuda, etc... mostly cause I'm kicking myself for not getting some of them before all hell broke loose (although I've been partly broke and saving up...).  Anyway, I wonder what factors go into Lego moving stock from other countries over here and what are the odds of that continuing to happen and on what sets.  Or is it a moot point with production gearing up again over at this end?  Even then, there's always the balance between producing new sets Vs older ones and some inevitably will just end up retiring without much availability before that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LEGO store mgr told me that large sets in USA might be iffy through the end of the year, but that was nearly a month ago when Mexico was just coming back online.  

They also said LEGO was going to focus on new products instead of that which is ending or continuing into next year.  So they weren't even sure what product they were going to have in store past this summer. 

When I last spoke to them, which was a week or two ago, they were basically out of all large sets in store.  (Everything >$60, except the Disney Train and Vader's Castle).  Since NJ still isn't allowing people into malls, etc. they don't expect to have any new product in store for another week or two.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have  no idea what the criteria for "confirmed recent production sets" are.. but let me tell you that I have been taken aghast by a wave of new, sealed City sets on local classifieds (all retired in 2016/2017) for cca 70 % of the original local RRP.. ALL SEALED, ALL within 20 km radius from LEGO Kladno Factory.. I bought some of them.. all bearing a sticker "thank you  - a symbol of red bricks-assembled heart and yellow minifig - cheap inkkjet print stickers.

I dunno.. what is more probable.. that someone from factory workers (more than one). suddenly needs to flip its box after 3 yrs holding it (and still below local RRP).. OR.. that the factory got some not-so-perfect sealed sets stored away and rewarded the shift workers for their exceptional work during the "virus period".. ? .. I take the B.. that the factory had these sets stored away. Why? I have no idea.. but the option A simply does not compute with the deductive logics, behavior of factory workers, their savings (etc).. improbable listings of the same retired set number from several source each below RRP..  

Edited by crayxlp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed recent production sets just means we are seeing some sets in the wild that were made in the factories in the last month. The seal codes provide the workweek, factory, and year of the manufacture. ‘R’ is the Mexico plant that supplies most of North America. While it was down, we were getting sets from across the pond that were being relabeled and resold here. Because of the shortage, it wasn’t clear which sets were gone for good perhaps, which were coming from Europe, which were old stock, or which were from newly-injected productions from the rebooted Mexico plant. 
For me, if I see a set is coming out of Mexico recently, I expect a lot of resellers are probably getting their hands on them now. So I’ll just store it away — it’s either not retiring yet or there is going to be a new race to the bottom between the quick flippers. Either way, I can wait. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I have  no idea what the criteria for "confirmed recent production sets" are.. but let me tell you that I have been taken aghast by a wave of new, sealed City sets on local classifieds (all retired in 2016/2017) for cca 70 % of the original local RRP.. ALL SEALED, ALL within 20 km radius from LEGO Kladno Factory.. I bought some of them.. all bearing a sticker "thank you  - a symbol of red bricks-assembled heart and yellow minifig - cheap inkkjet print stickers.

I dunno.. what is more probable.. that someone from factory workers (more than one). suddenly needs to flip its box after 3 yrs holding it (and still below local RRP).. OR.. that the factory got some not-so-perfect sealed sets stored away and rewarded the shift workers for their exceptional work during the "virus period".. ? .. I take the B.. that the factory had these sets stored away. Why? I have no idea.. but the option A simply does not compute with the deductive logics, behavior of factory workers, their savings (etc).. improbable listings of the same retired set number from several source each below RRP..  

Do you live near Kladno? Or do you purchase those sets on Aukro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LegoTriathlete said:

Just got my Pirates Barracuda Bay from lego US!!  Super stocked, sticker 24R0

I hope these replaces Great Hall for priority production (after you've sold yours for 2.5xRRP, ofcourse)...missed out and would like 1 or 20.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swung by my local Target and noticed lego aisle was not as barren as before.  Checked a few stickers out:

- Had a bunch of these 75214 Anakin Star Fighter and 75234 AT-PT w/ 24R0

- 75235 Swing Star Figher Trench Run w/ 25R0

- 76120 Batman Batwing and Riddler Heist w/ 23R0

- 75273 Poe Fighter w/ 18S0

- 31097 Townhouse Pet Shop + Cafe w/ 21S0

- These had no numbers that I could find: Kyle Ren Shuttle and various smaller Harry Potter sets

FYI, none had the larger sticker indicating that it was brought in from another country

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...